• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some questions about my gcc

Kristy29

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kristy Varunan
Anyway, I'm done with this thread. I had a really bad day today and this isn't helping. I'm really not a monster, I swear. I love her very much and want her to be happy.

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Could your bird live in your bedroom so the cats have the rest of the house and when you want the bird out in the rest of the house lock the cats up for a little while? Its not whether she is used to them that's the issue, its that she is prey and they are predators and terrible things happen. Just the other day another bird on the forum lost its life to a pet cat.

I'm sure you love her but to ensure her safety a bit of restructuring might be required.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Have you considered a sleeping cage? It's a smaller cage you can put in a quieter room of the house for her to sleep in. I had to do that for my gcc and quaker for a while when they were in the living room as they were not getting the sleep they needed. I used these for that purpose, and they double as a good vacation cage if you have to take her somewhere.

Petco Designer White Finch Flight Cage - Finch Flight Bird Cage from petco.com

It's even in sale right now! :)