• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some pictures of the Professor and a question about talking

LizandShadow

Strolling the yard
Real Name
liz
Not much activity in the vasa forum so here is some pics of the Professor from the last few months.

Does anyone else's vasa talk? Professor is a little over two and vocal (can be very loud compared to Shadow). He has a wide range of sounds that mean different things, but so far no English ones. Shadow, who I never cared to have talk (I know what CAGs sound like), talks non stop and gets a lot of attention for various phrases, but nothing from Professor. I'd just like to know how vasas sound.

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Such a pretty bird! :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
He is gorgeous and he still seems to have that baby look to him too. :heart::heart:

Zazutoo

Sitting on the front steps
I realize this is an old thread, but has the Professor started talking yet?
We have a GV, undetermined age (vet thinks very young). We've had him nine days. He started talking to us on the way home from the rescue. He says: Hello Pepper, Hiiiiii Pepper, Pepper's a pretty boy, Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty, mimics wild bird songs, is working on the Andy Griffith show song, and wolf whistles. There's also stuff we don't understand, sounds like two people arguing. The funny part - they kept a fan close to Pepper's cage at the rescue. So first he says all the things in his vocabulary, then he says them again in what we are calling fan voice.
Two days ago we took Pepper to the vet and he hasn't been the same since.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I realize this is an old thread, but has the Professor started talking yet?
We have a GV, undetermined age (vet thinks very young). We've had him nine days. He started talking to us on the way home from the rescue. He says: Hello Pepper, Hiiiiii Pepper, Pepper's a pretty boy, Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty, mimics wild bird songs, is working on the Andy Griffith show song, and wolf whistles. There's also stuff we don't understand, sounds like two people arguing. The funny part - they kept a fan close to Pepper's cage at the rescue. So first he says all the things in his vocabulary, then he says them again in what we are calling fan voice.
Two days ago we took Pepper to the vet and he hasn't been the same since.
It sounds like you have a very smart bird. :) When you say he hasn't been the same, do you mean not as out-going etc? Was it an avian vet? If this was Pepper's first vet check it may have been a bit traumatic for him. The first time we took our tiel to the vet (which was his first trip ever as we don't believe his former owner ever took him) the vet was a little too rough with him and my tiel was completely traumatized. He wouldn't come out of his cage for almost 4 days. We switched vets and we never had that problem again. But if Pepper isn't used to being handled, the vet check may have been upsetting to him and he needs to rebuild his trust with you, etc. Treats go a long way to forgiveness. :)

Zazutoo

Sitting on the front steps
It sounds like you have a very smart bird. :) When you say he hasn't been the same, do you mean not as out-going etc? Was it an avian vet? If this was Pepper's first vet check it may have been a bit traumatic for him. The first time we took our tiel to the vet (which was his first trip ever as we don't believe his former owner ever took him) the vet was a little too rough with him and my tiel was completely traumatized. He wouldn't come out of his cage for almost 4 days. We switched vets and we never had that problem again. But if Pepper isn't used to being handled, the vet check may have been upsetting to him and he needs to rebuild his trust with you, etc. Treats go a long way to forgiveness. :)
The vet is not a avian only vet. Please understand. I've already been judged for not taking him to an avian only vet. We live in rural Arkansas where good vets, any vet, are few and far between. I am chair bound. We drove two hours one way to take Pepper to a vet that does see parrots. The trip was hard on Pepper and very hard on me.
I was just fixin' to post in the appropriate forum for insight about his behavior. Thanks for sharing your experience. It's pointing me in the right direction, I think.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I wasn't being critical - just asking because your experience seemed somewhat like mine. Please feel free to start a new post and get other member's opinions. My first vet trip was a set back for me and my tiel but only a temporary one. He came to us with little out of cage time if at all and was just really getting comfortable coming out and starting to be handled, etc. I think never having been to the vet before, I lost some of his trust by taking him there. But he returned to normal after a few days. Is the eating okay? Are his droppings okay? I think it's wonderful that you took in this bird and took him to get vet checked. Many people don't it is important. Oh- and there are lots of good vets out there that aren't "avian certified". I think it really matters more how many birds they actually treat.

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
OMG! The Professor is a Gamer too?!!!! :faint:
He has a beautiful face! very Sweet & Happy!

thichtutai

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
thich tu
Not much activity in the vasa forum so here is some pics of the Professor from the last few months.
Does anyone else's vasa talk? Professor is a little over two and vocal (can be very loud compared to Shadow). He has a wide range of sounds that mean different things, but so far no English ones. Shadow, who I never cared to have talk (I know what CAGs sound like), talks non stop and gets a lot of attention for various phrases,
but nothing from Professor. I'd just like to know how vasas sound.

theme
review
dịch vụ kế toán quận 2
dịch vụ kế toán quận 3
dịch vụ kế toán quận 5
dịch vụ kế toán quận 8
thành lập doanh nghiệp
omg too lovely. i wish that i have the same bird for my children