• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some pics from Chicago :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
There's a bar near there, used to be right in front of my apartment, where a man would come with his Hyacinth and Scarlet macaw. I used to stalk them through my window cause I admired the birds so much. Unfortunately, one day his bird was stolen and never found :( It was on the news here.
I remember that - he came to a couple of the RM fairs in hopes (I believe) of finding someone trying to sell his macaw.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Nej dom har som bäst en tjeckisk pilsner..så lite dåligt får man säga att dom inte har Norrlands guld :(
I'll have to take you to Binny's in hopes of finding something Swedish for you to drink. I don't speak/understand Swedish but all you found was dark beer and Czechoslovakian pilsner. I'm guessing you're looking for some Swedish Gold? Probably guessed completely wrong ...

Cassiopejaz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
Good for you - you really are on holiday now! Did you check the hours of the Swedish Museum so you could come back?
Unfortunate it didnt say..so gonna check internet..when my phone is charged...almost no battery left.
YES! hehe im having fun...for first time in years i actually feel im on a holiday! :)

I'll have to take you to Binny's in hopes of finding something Swedish for you to drink. I don't speak/understand Swedish but all you found was dark beer and Czechoslovakian pilsner. I'm guessing you're looking for some Swedish Gold? Probably guessed completely wrong ...
Ye the Swedish bar..didnt have any Swedish beer like Norrlands Guld (northlands gold) mostly american beer and some german and Czech beer/pilsner...Norrlands guld is soo yummy :D

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Yayy! I'm glad you went to the Field Museum! I was there last night for Members Night :) Did you see the taxidermy? That's my favorite bit. A lot of the taxidermy was done by Carl Akeley, the founding father of modern taxidermy!

And Chinatown is so pretty!

Across from the Museum of Science and Industry, there's the Japanese Garden, 1 of 2 remaining pieces from the 1893 Columbian Exhibition (the other being the building MSI is in), that might be worth checking out!

And if you have the time, Brookfield Zoo is really good, and there's another zoo in Michigan City, IN. Washington Park Zoo! They have lots of birds (of all kinds) and they've opened the budgie aviary for the season! They also have conures and macaws and 'toos! It's a small zoo but it's my favorite!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I'm hoping to take Daniel to the Brookfield Zoo, hopefully next week before he leaves for PA. He gets back from PA just before Memorial Day weekend and I don't want to run him ragged just before he leaves for Sweden.