• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some pics from Chicago :)

Cassiopejaz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
So time to post some pics from yesterday..more will come later, but these are taken with my phone :)

20180504_103134.jpg 20180504_103432(0).jpg 20180504_103951.jpg 20180504_104135.jpg
Willis Tower..went up to Skydeck..photos will come later when i got them transferd from camera :)

20180504_130211.jpg 20180504_130234.jpg 20180504_130314.jpg
Well what would a visit in Chicago be if you didnt visit the bean? :D (you can acyually see me in the center pic)

20180504_161311.jpg
Chicago Skyline ;)

20180505_074911.jpg
Here im resting and enjoying the lovely weather at Navy Pier with a Pina Colada :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Looks like you had lots of fun yesterday and the weather stayed nice for you. I was worried after the storms we had the day you arrived. Today is supposed to be nice again, sunny but hot - up to 80F.

Cassiopejaz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
Looks like you had lots of fun yesterday and the weather stayed nice for you. I was worried after the storms we had the day you arrived. Today is supposed to be nice again, sunny but hot - up to 80F.
I had tons of fun..Chicago is a great city, and actually great city to walk in to, so didnt need to use any bus or L-train...just used Divvy bike when i wanted some speed :D

Yea that was some nice weather i came with..thunderstorms..but i packed up the sun and the clear blue sky i had with me fron Sweden ;)

And yea today looks promising :)

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
How I wish you had time to come West and see the contrasts in America. Out here we have hundreds of miles of open spaces and thousands of miles of hiking for you. It really is different.

Cassiopejaz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
How I wish you had time to come West and see the contrasts in America. Out here we have hundreds of miles of open spaces and thousands of miles of hiking for you. It really is different.
West will come, maybe next summer i think.
So many places in USA i wanna see :)

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Awesome:D

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for sharing. Good that you are having a nice time and hope you continue to enjoy your trip. Where are you going next?

Cassiopejaz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
Thanks for sharing. Good that you are having a nice time and hope you continue to enjoy your trip. Where are you going next?
Srry for the delayed answer..i went to Buckingham Fountain, Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium and photos will come later today.
And also some phots from Arlington Heights, but that will be on a seperate thread :)

BirdManDan

Real Name
Dan
Chicago is my favorite big city. I LOVE the old architecture not just glass and steel like today's buildings. The Wrigley building is my all time favorite. I was fortunate as a 13 year old to have had the opportunity to travel for a whole year with my family and another family and others including 2 teachers. We had a greyhound bus converted into a motorhome and also a motorhome that was our traveling classroom for 6 kids. Me, my 3 sisters and 2 kids from the other family. It was awesome. We traveled all around the USA and Canada. An experience I will fondly remember from oh so many years ago. Have fun!!! I'm a bit Jealous. Make sure you get to the great Gatsby and also Gino's for pizza.

Last edited:

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
I always have a package of Lunds Swedish Pancake mix in the pantry. It was my father's favorite pancake mix, we both love thin pancakes. It was funny to see that picture and you pointing it out. Great pics, I hope to visit Chicago and the Great Lakes some day.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Srry for the delayed answer..i went to Buckingham Fountain, Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium and photos will come later today.
And also some phots from Arlington Heights, but that will be on a seperate thread :)

Some of my family used to live in Arlington Hts.
There are so many wonderful places to go in Chicago. Always loved the Field, Shedd, Museum of Science and Industry and the Art Institute. Driving down Lake Shore Dr. always beautiful. Also enjoyed going to the Adler planetarium.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It looks like you are having awesome time! Your photos are beautiful!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Some of my family used to live in Arlington Hts.
There are so many wonderful places to go in Chicago. Always loved the Field, Shedd, Museum of Science and Industry and the Art Institute. Driving down Lake Shore Dr. always beautiful. Also enjoyed going to the Adler planetarium.
After hubby Fred's eldest son got married in FL and we met her dad it turned out he'd lived in AH also and was one of the last graduating classes from AH High School. The school district in its ultimate wisdom, sold the property, and as a result AH no longer has a high school. The kids get divvied up between 4-5 high schools so they lose friends when they finish middle school.

I could live at the Shedd Aquarium and Brookfield Zoo.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
There's a bar near there, used to be right in front of my apartment, where a man would come with his Hyacinth and Scarlet macaw. I used to stalk them through my window cause I admired the birds so much. Unfortunately, one day his bird was stolen and never found :( It was on the news here.