• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some photos of my snakes

FutureDVM

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ken
Just sharing some pictures of my snakes for those of you who are reptile lovers. I hope you enjoy the pics!

Here's Snickers (adult male ball python):
DSC04312.jpg
DSC04306.jpg
DSC04316.jpg

Savannah (sub-adult female ball python) she's actually a lot bigger than this now. I need to take some new photos:
DSC04377-1.jpg
DSC04379.jpg

Scooter (adult male corn snake):

Scarlet (adult female corn snake):

Squirt (male Wandering garter snake):

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
They're so pretty and look very healthy! I especially love the little garter snake!:heart:

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
They are beautiful! I love the first and third pictures.:)

artgeek09

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
Very pretty. I've always been interested in snakes but I dont think I could ever own one.

Taz93

Avenue Veteran
Wow im super jealous, they are gorgeous snakes, i love the first ball python.

Very pretty. I've always been interested in snakes but I dont think I could ever own one.
How come?
Snakes really arn't that hard to look after, very very low maintainence animals, only need to feed them once a week, give additional heat i.e heatmat, some hides, substrate and ur set to go. :)

Momto3boys

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Brandy
Beautiful :heart:

I have an amel stripe corn snake named Skittles. Actually I gave her to my oldest son, Dakin because he is a HUGE snake lover and he's really been wanting a ball python.

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I love them all but Squirt is my fav :heart::heart:

FutureDVM

Real Name
Ken
Beautiful :heart:

I have an amel stripe corn snake named Skittles. Actually I gave her to my oldest son, Dakin because he is a HUGE snake lover and he's really been wanting a ball python.
Aren't corn snakes awesome?! I have always loved the amels. Scarlet is actually an amel motley. :)

Taz93

Avenue Veteran
Its amazing how much brighter Scarlet is compared to Scooter, very beautiful. I can see how she got her name ;)

Sheri

Meeting neighbors
Do snakes interact with people like in a friendly way? All you hear is the horror stories about boa constrictors strangling their owners. Are you afraid that they will eat your dog or cat?

FutureDVM

Real Name
Ken
Do snakes interact with people like in a friendly way? All you hear is the horror stories about boa constrictors strangling their owners. Are you afraid that they will eat your dog or cat?
I wouldn't classify them as "friendly" simply because reptiles don't necessarily become attached or bonded to their owners like mammals and birds do. With regular handling, snakes generally can become quite docile. All of my snakes are handleable and none of them are big enough to eat my dogs or cats. Snickers is currently my largest snake and he is only 4 feet long. I personally think that small snakes make wonderful pets, but I would never own any of the larger species (burmese pythons, boa constrictors, etc.).

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh,they are all so beautiful! I love snakes <3

seamonkeychar

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I love the little garter snake. What does he eat? And is he full grown? I'd love to own a snake, but I don't think I could handle feeding mice.

BindiWW

Walking the driveway
Oh they're beautiful! How long is Snickers?