• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Solution

gptb2020

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaden
I need help to find something to not make Rainy depressed when he gets his wings clipped, he's getting them clipped today and he plucks out his feathers and just is generally sad whenever he doesn't have his wings, he has plenty of toys, treats, and 2 playstands... I wanted to try a wingdow since the thing is that he flies into the living room which my grandma doesn't like.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Not clip him? Why do you want to clip him?

Oo sorry I misread, is it because he flies into the living room? Is there no door between your room and the living room you could close? You could also train him to stay there I think, especially if you are there too.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I don't mean to be rude but if someone took away your ability to walk (even if you'd get it back again) wouldn't you be bummed out? Have you tried a perch with window suckers for him to perch on (I know Wingdows aren't cheap) in a window that your grandma doesn't mind him flying to? I wouldn't clip his wings if it has the potential of causing medical problems with his plucking.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Something that would be cheaper than a window is this: A6481255-F1DB-4CEC-91AA-960CD4700EC7.jpeg
Not a great picture,!but it are those window suckers that @SandraK mentioned. A rope perch fits right in the holes so you can attach them to Each other easily!

gptb2020

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaden
I trust me i've asked for a wingdow i'll try some more and i'll build one of those and see how it goes, trust me I don't want his wings clipped he's much happier when he doesn't.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Could you tell us why exactly? What is it that she doesn’t like he does when flighted? Could you keep him in a seperate room? It is no fun when living with people who don’t understand birds, but it can be done!:hug8:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

gptb2020

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaden
unfortunately his wings got clipped, but 2 of the farthest primary feathers on each wing were left, that's the best compromise i could get and I will be working much harder this next time and in the off time now when he doesn't have his wings.