• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Soggy Beans..how do you avoid this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danadear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
I like to cook my beans in a crockpot...I like tomake sure they are done enough and I just hate cooking them on the stove. So by the time they are done they are just kind of mushy...is this okay to put in the bird's chop. I'm paranoid that I will not get them done enough on the stove. How do you cook your beans?

JackDele

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Adele
I dont think there's anything wrong with mushy beans. So long as they're cooked through, you dont keep them for too long, and of course your birds like them. I dont have an issue because I puree mine as Jackie wont touch it any other way.

I went to a cooking class a few years ago where the woman cooked the beans in a pressure cooker. It was super quick and not a soggy bean in sight!

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
I dont think there's anything wrong with mushy beans. So long as they're cooked through, you dont keep them for too long, and of course your birds like them. I dont have an issue because I puree mine as Jackie wont touch it any other way.

I went to a cooking class a few years ago where the woman cooked the beans in a pressure cooker. It was super quick and not a soggy bean in sight!
Pressure cooker..aha! I've never used one. May have to try that..thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.