• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So.. Tame Finches.. know of any good breeders?

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
No no the issue isn't the cages I need, its buying Porter a new cage setting up the area in the room and getting a flight cage for my finches as well.
All of this takes money and I haven't landed a job yet.

Before I buy a bird I take at least 3 months researching... planning and setting things up. Before the bird comes home (heck any pet really) my cages are set up and just waiting for them :).

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I just googled a Gloster Canary I could never show my husband...all I can hear is lounge singing in the background for the rest of my life.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@finchly lol they look like they have a bowl cut from the early 60's. My husband loves lounge music all he needs is a birb to accompany him lol
Haha! That’s hilarious. They definitely do have a bowl cut. They sort of peer at you from under it. I guess most people don’t give them toys - I sent a pair home with a friend along with toys and she keeps telling me how they play all the time.

Clairecanary15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
I was thinking of getting a few toys for my canaries. What are your recommendations @finchly ? With the colder weather upon us I thought it would keep them moving.

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I keep telling him I want to get finches and I have a feeling once he see's these guys he would be sold just for the bowl cut alone.