• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So Shiny...

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Got these two cages today. The Petco sale a couple weeks back was just too good for me to pass up of these cages.

They are for Opa and Mali.

After dissembling Opa's cage -a double giant macaw cage(80"x40"x72") - which took forever and assembling the new cages....
I hate how small I feel they are. Because they are small. But they're light weight and it'll be easier on my back to clean now that I have two smaller cages instead of a giant one for two birds.

In January I am hoping some more deals are available online so I can replace Moby's and Mera's cages.

Attachments

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
That's how I upgraded Lurches cage which is now Dobbys. Amazon had a good sale on what looked like a nice cage and whether it was big enough or not it was so much bigger then the 19x19 cage its lt's like a mansion. Has a play top, lots of stainless feed cups and easy to open locking feed doors.
Lurch loved it, and Dobby seems happy too.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
They look great and if it is better for your back that is wonderful.

TWR

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Very nice looking cage. Is it a Featherland SS? It looks similar to the cages I have

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Those look like great cages for your birds!

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Yes it is.
Thought so. I have 3. Like you, sizewise they were a downgrade from my double macaw cages, but no way could I afford SS in macaw size - plus it was not even available here in Aus at that time. I really wanted SS and I'm happy with my purchase. I ended up buying the external feeders, which I felt gave back some extra internal space.

All in all, I'm very happy with the cages. How about you? Are you & the birds enjoying the new cages?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Thought so. I have 3. Like you, sizewise they were a downgrade from my double macaw cages, but no way could I afford SS in macaw size - plus it was not even available here in Aus at that time. I really wanted SS and I'm happy with my purchase. I ended up buying the external feeders, which I felt gave back some extra internal space.

All in all, I'm very happy with the cages. How about you? Are you & the birds enjoying the new cages?
Cleaning will be easier on my back so I am happy but Moby and Mera will need bigger ones. Not sure of the featherland one's will be the ones I get them each. I'm thinking Kings European models. Maybe. Just seems so damn heavy. The featherland is so light!

Opa and Mali slept on Top of their play stands last night.

Hopefully todaywasn't so hard on them andno feather loss was done.

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
So glad it's easier on your back now.
There's really no choice when it comes to SS cages down under. Seems it's Featherland or nothing. I briefly investigated a custom build SS cage from a stainless steel metal worker - but the price was astronomical. Even Featherland is expensive here, but custom made was far, far beyond reach.

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Mercedez, any issues with sharp edges or damages in shipping? I recall that Featherland used to have issues with sharp edges on their ss cages that needed to be dremeled or sanded down. I was wondering if that was something that they managed to sort out. I'm thinking of replacing cages for my flock, and was looking at the Featherland Alexandria, but was worried about sharp edges.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Mercedez, any issues with sharp edges or damages in shipping? I recall that Featherland used to have issues with sharp edges on their ss cages that needed to be dremeled or sanded down. I was wondering if that was something that they managed to sort out. I'm thinking of replacing cages for my flock, and was looking at the Featherland Alexandria, but was worried about sharp edges.
No sharp edges. Maybe whoever referred to those bits talked about the seed guards, which I never use because those are always obnoxious and feel sharp, haha.

There is an odd gap in places, but I believe that is because they are the "foldable" cages, not sure. I can take a photo later. But its not any bigger than an inch or so, so not a big deal for the size of my birds.

Personally I am really loving these cages and how light these ones are and well made. Moving them around to clean is very easy. LOVE that.

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Personally I am really loving these cages and how light these ones are and well made. Moving them around to clean is very easy. LOVE that.
A lighter cage sounds fantastic! Roughly what is the weight of your cage? You have the biggest one, correct?

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
No sharp edges on mine either - I have 3 of them.