• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So Sad. :'(

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
The other day I lost my precious silkie girl, Baby. She was the sweetest of my girls and show bred. After a minor foot surgery (minor but painful) I arrived to find my dog who was guarding the chickens had knocked over the pellet food. Although through further investigation I stumbled upon a headless Baby. :eek: At first I thought it was our new duck but soon noticed the tell-tale blue feeties and soft feathers. :cry: I crumpled up and cried until I had to go inside before my foot got worse. :arghh: Everyone was shocked that I would scream and cry over my 'dumb bird' which just made it all worse. Nowadays animals are so ... expendable. People make the commitment but can't follow through. I came to the conclusion that after knocking down the food Baby had come to investigate and chow down peacefully (she wasn't one to pick a fight) but Lily (our dog) got protective of the food and killed her. It was devastating and from now on we will be leaving our less food aggressive dog to fend for our pets. :darkcloud: RIP Baby you were loved and I will always wish I had gotten more time with you. :sorrow: Without you their won't be as much sunshine in the world. :sad6:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
So very sad. I'm sorry for your loss. :sadhug2:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So very sorry for your loss. :(

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry for your loss.

Kimberla

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
My heart hurts for you!! I am so sorry for your loss. I just went on a rant about this "pets are not disposable" yesterday. I know exactly how you feel. :(

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Matt

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
Thanks all for the kind wishes. I really appreciate it. :)

My heart hurts for you!! I am so sorry for your loss. I just went on a rant about this "pets are not disposable" yesterday. I know exactly how you feel. :(
It is amazing how cruel people are. I can't even eat our own animals. We used to have slaughter cows and I went to all of the killings just to make sure that they were treated with love in their last few hours and died quickly and with dignity. They were all loved and put in huge pastures so I don't feel as bad besides that's what their made for. Although some people are so horrible, throwing puppies onto the street. That is why I get ALL of my dogs from a local rescue. I don't want to start my own rant which is super hard to do but that is my point. Take the time to find your animal a new home if you have to or make the commitment before hand. If you don't think you can then don't try.

Kay_belle_12

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
So sorry for your loss.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Silkies are adorable...So sorry for your loss
:hug8:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
I'm sorry for your loss Sophia :(

Don't ever think for a minute that crying over the loss of a pet is a dumb thing.. I'm sure many of us on AA have bawled like a baby when one of our pets has passed away.

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
I'm sorry for your loss Sophia :(

Don't ever think for a minute that crying over the loss of a pet is a dumb thing.. I'm sure many of us on AA have bawled like a baby when one of our pets has passed away.

I never loose thoughts of my lovey pets. It's all those haters thinking that they know how people should feel about certain 'disposable' pets.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
I never loose thoughts of my lovey pets. It's all those haters thinking that they know how people should feel about certain 'disposable' pets.
I understand what you are saying, I've been told by a couple of people that owning budgies or pigeons was stupid they were not "cool pets" :facepalm: duh. I suppose cool pets are only lizards or snakes or specialty breeds of cats and dogs?

They don't know how we feel because they don't or have never owned such fascinating creatures like birds. :) Which is good because they are the type of people who should never own birds. Just my opinion.

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
I understand what you are saying, I've been told by a couple of people that owning budgies or pigeons was stupid they were not "cool pets" :facepalm: duh. I suppose cool pets are only lizards or snakes or specialty breeds of cats and dogs?

They don't know how we feel because they don't or have never owned such fascinating creatures like birds. :) Which is good because they are the type of people who should never own birds. Just my opinion.
So true. I had a budgie for two years and even though she hated to be held she had the sweetest voice. When she was dying I held her and she just cuddled into my hand to be comforted. Even though she hated me her entire life she allowed me to love and hold her before she died. I cried so hard that day and everyone wondered why I cared so much about a bird that 'hated' me. When we tried to bring our chicken to the vet we were told it was disposable and they refused to treat it. EVEN VETS! What is this world coming to? Even vets don't love animals like they used to. :wideyed: :wideyed: :wideyed:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
So true. I had a budgie for two years and even though she hated to be held she had the sweetest voice. When she was dying I held her and she just cuddled into my hand to be comforted. Even though she hated me her entire life she allowed me to love and hold her before she died. I cried so hard that day and everyone wondered why I cared so much about a bird that 'hated' me. When we tried to bring our chicken to the vet we were told it was disposable and they refused to treat it. EVEN VETS! What is this world coming to? Even vets don't love animals like they used to. :wideyed: :wideyed: :wideyed:
That's horrible that the vet didn't even want to help.. sad. :(

I've had birds that hated me and that was fine as well the bird still did things that amused me daily and made me enjoy it being in my life.. I guess if you've never had a relationship with these animals you can't relate.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
So sorry for your loss :hug8:.

quazy4quakers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best