• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So Round and Cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somebirdie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banjo Frogs! Named so as their call sounds like the plucking of a single Banjo chord.
These guys are also Australian Natives, as again, we cannot legally have any foreign herp :)
They're MUCH lazier hunters than the Green and Gold Bell frogs!

Also yes, I have crazy, grossly dry hands as a result of having to constantly wash them at work in really harsh soap.

Still morphing from Tadpole too Frog (notice the really round nose)

Frog:

Last edited:

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Thank you :D

Should also add that they burry themselves, which pretty much involves turning in a circle kicking their legs out, soooo cute!

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Thanks Jaime :D

I got marsh frogs too, but they're still morphing, but I'll get photos later!

Snakes were the addiction, I think its now become frogs 0_____0

Last edited:

Taz93

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Got a few frogs there vamps. Good photo's too.

The other week we had a couple of marsh frogs and a green tree frog in our yard, we took some photo's then put them back behind the tree. I really like the marsh frogs. :)

What herps do u keep?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
how wittle they are!!

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I have 12 0___0 it'd be more if I could find the species I want. I'm opting to keep more local frogs/ones that can live in this climate vs tropical frogs.
I've just come to find them relaxing? I used to always see frogs everywhere as a kid, now I never see any at all, nor even hear them, it's sad :(

I keep diamond pythons, beardies, and frogs lol. Used too have jungles, eastern water dragons, and experience in a fair few others with my ex (his animals, but I helped plenty, more like the gtps, frillies, geckos etc).
Personally I'd just love to have a redbelly. Im working on it lol. But diamonds are my python based passion :) with snakes being my herp based passion, I love elapids but need to get my first aid for them, and I've been slack (i have the top license already). Actually I take that back...not slack, just between an engineering degree, work, and Harvey, I have no time :eek:
What about you?

Last edited:

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Oh, how cute! ♥

Taz93

Avenue Veteran
12, well at least they are easy to care for and cheap to maintain ;)
That really sucks, i dont often see to many unless its a rainy night like tonight, ive got one right now croaking just outside my window but do u think i can find it? nope lol

I would love a redbelly and a pilbara death adder oh and a colletts snake, something i am also working towards but ive only got my basic licence at the moment. My main passion is pythons but i really wanna get into monitors :)
All i have at the moment is a wee little spotted python and im helping my brother with his childrens python, next on the list 2 albino darwins :)

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Especially cheap with not needing heating! I had all my breeding crickets set up, but tonight I was watching them with a torch. too say I was revolted is an understatement. I mean i was seriously disturbed lol (keeping in mind these were monster sized crickets not your normal house cricket), and I let them all go outside! LOL what a funny site it'd be...a young girl standing in the garden in total darkness with a large tub, releasing hundreds of insects :eek: I decided I'd rather a weekly order from frogs.org than to deal with them lol.
(i don't mind insects, but god they were total filth, woodies are SO much cleaner)

Monitors are fabulous! If i had any room I'd have some yellow spotteds, I'm hoping for next year or the end of this year :)

Good too have just the one! Allows more room for new one's ;)
Albino Darwin's are lovely, a friend has a pair with colours that look fluro.
Best of luck with your herps!

Also, very lucky about the wild frogs! I miss them all so dearly, and honestly it makes me fearful too not hear them anymore, i worry for them (as totally psychotic as that sounds).

Last edited:

Taz93

Avenue Veteran
I think id much rather crickets then woodies YUCK lol cockroaches of any form are disturbing, when i do get a monitor they aint eating woodies no matter how clean they are :/.
Smart thinking, sometimes its easier just to buy the food rather then grow or maintain it, thats what i would do lol

Hopefully i can get my hands on a pair next breeding season, at this stage ive just gotta save up the money.

Ur not the only one, i mean frogs arn't my favourite but they are rapidly declining, i hope they can regain their popularity soon.

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
My ex had so many woodies he sent 5kg's too a friend and still had a full tub hahahahaha. They were also in our bedroom 'cause it was too cold outside in ACT. I actually got a kick out of them...Id chuck in whole apples and they'd finish it in about 20 minutes. they were amazing! What put me off woodies was him saying they could bite, I thought he was just messing with me for a reaction, so he grabbed a huge female, and got it too grab on :eek:...granted he DID insight it, and it was a huge female, and it didn't hurt him or break skin or anything.

But tell you what, seriously, woodies are a million times better than crickets. My skin crawls now thinking about them :eek:
But yes just order from arc when you get monitors, supporting a charity and not having to deal with filthy crickets! (i seriously shouldve taken a photo, thousands of woodies didn't do in a month what 150 adult crickets did in two nights!)

This is why snakes are so much easier lol :D

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
The Banjo and Marsh frogs have buried themselves and the Green and Golds are bringing their colours out. Guess the frogs are happy lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.