• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So, Leo just moved in with the others...

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
and they don’t mind having him there, I left both of their cages open (they are next to each other) and Leo hopped in to Banjo and Boomers cage. I’ve seen Banjo and Leo meet before and they get along great, perhaps they’ve bonded? Now I have to ask the question if I should put Leo back in his cage. He still runs from me so it’ll be a bit hard but I’ll manage.

Edit: a little update to this story, when Boomer hopped back into his one Leo flew out and went back to his cage. It appears there’s some mutual respect goin on and I couldn’t be more happy about it :)

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I don't know your birds species. Are they Budgies and cockatiels? What size cage do you have for them .Can you show a photo please.

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
I don't know your birds species. Are they Budgies and cockatiels? What size cage do you have for them .Can you show a photo please.
I’ll post a picture tomorrow, I’m on mobile right now and you can’t do that on mobile. Leo is a LoveBird and banjo is a Budgie whereas boomer is a cockatiel. I’m definitely going to move Leo back but I’m happy they are getting for along.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Ok . Did you notice two of your birds names have the same letter as the species. Leo - Lovebird and Boomer - budgie?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
That is great they can get along. I have all cages open right now (except the parrotlets, who cannot behave themselves) and everyone flies around and hangs out. The tiels actually ended up with 3 canary roommates for awhile. Now they have one male finch. So funny who chooses to be where!

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
Ok . Did you notice two of your birds names have the same letter as the species. Leo - Lovebird and Boomer - budgie?
Huh, I’ve noticed Leo’s correlation but never put any thought into it. Banjo and Boomer weren’t the names I picked so that’s quite the coincidence.