• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So... I'm a computer technician

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was planning on building one but didn't feel like it. I had a lot of "stuff" going on in my life when I was looking to get a new computer and those things were priorities. I also liked the price of the Dell and when I did comparison prices it was the better deal. Even if I was to do upgrades it still would have cost less. I figured I could do the upgrades when things had settled down.

I actually had a list of components that I was going to use for my new computer. Had the mobo & processor selected, the case, a power supply, the GPU etc, but then "stuff" happened.

As I wrote, I would diagnose before calling them, jump through their hoops and then be sent the component that/s they recommended as well as the one I wanted and that it really needed.

Last edited:

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
I was planning on building one but didn't feel like it. I had a lot of "stuff" going on in my life when I was looking to get a new computer and those things were priorities. I also liked the price of the Dell and when I did comparison prices it was the better deal. Even if I was to do upgrades it still would have cost less. I figured I could do the upgrades when things had settled down.

I actually had a list of components that I was going to use for my new computer. Had the mobo & processor selected, the case, a power supply, the GPU etc, but then "stuff" happened.

As I wrote, I would diagnose before calling them, jump through their hoops and then be sent the component that/s they recommended as well as the one I wanted and that it really needed.
I'd happily build you your next computer if you're in the greater Toronto are. I can slap one together in about 20 minutes.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd happily build you your next computer if you're in the greater Toronto are. I can slap one together in about 20 minutes.
Don't live anywhere near Toronto but thanks for the offer. :)

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
Don't live anywhere near Toronto but thanks for the offer. :)
Are you into flight simulators at all?

Here's a flight I did in Scotland. Very short hop. Full manual approach. Autopilot for cruise only. Bombardier CRJ700 max realism FSX. :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Don't play simulator games but that looks interesting and fun. I generally play adventure games and rpgs.