• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So, i rehomed Luka!

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
And boy.. did i ruffle some feathers of those reading the title..
But she’s still with me :)

I have given Luka and my Senegal’s their own room, keeping all the mess they make limited to their own room instead of the whole house :) it will also mean i now have a space to relax and play with my little green dragons, while at the same time keeping their noise to a minimum (or at least, it wont bother me or my guests). The deal is to make this room (i used it for bullsh*t storage) completely bird proof, and as natural as possible. So i’ll be buying some green paints and stuff, and ofcourse living plants like bamboo (grows fast!) and some java trees as well!

Now, does anyone have any idea’s about lighting? Ofcourse i spend a lot of time with my birdies, but when im not at home and they need to stay in their room, i would prefer the lighting to be as close to sunlight as possible!

In fact, does anyone have any idea regarding a “bird room”? Its unfamiliar territhory for me, so i am eager to read/learn what i can :) maybe someone has done this themselves and can share some pictures, info etc etc??

Would be nice to have a birdroom thread maybe? :)

Also... we went showering today, Luka cares not for a bown like the little dragons do, but boy does she like the human shower! :rofl:

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
My bird room is a work in progress but I know some people here have great bird rooms. @saroj12 ?

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Sure gave me a shock:D But that is awesome! Post Some pictures of your room soon if you want:roflmao:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road