• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures So Fresh.. So Clean...

Perriewinkle

Rollerblading along the road
Felicia's cage hasn't been cleaned since i was in my car accident... (i broke a bone in my knee, hard to walk let alone anything else) today it got to me n I just HAD to clean it..

It took me 3 hours, and Felicia glared after 2.. but.. I feel better, even though my knee n feet kill. (Tis not perfect, but I did what I could) 20170522_004912.jpg

Her window seat, filled with the skeletons of Tweety Pies toys, foot toys from TBBT, and even oldies from vendors who don't exist anymore (gasp!)
20170522_004926.jpg

I replaced the pine wafers she chewed and restablized the 1 branch.. and then put new toys up over it, so she couldn't chew instantly on the new wafers. (To do this on my own i had to take the top grate off the cage.. and stand on a step ladder.. broken bone n all..) again.. TBBT and Tweety Pies..
20170522_004935.jpg

20170522_004955.jpg
20170522_005030.jpg

Cleaned off her rock perch.. she covers it in pellet dust and corks from her toys. Yes the waterbowl is empty.. it's a catch for her water bottle so the fresh paper doesn't get wet.
20170522_005014.jpg

This is her new big door..we got a new phone book.. so i cut the spine down the middle and hung the book for her.. I'm not sure if she will chew on it or not.. phone books are only fun if mommy holds the pages up for her :rolleyes:
20170522_005048.jpg

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Good job, it looks great!:dance4:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:fairy2:I sympathize as I know how hard it is to anything with one leg. Knee scooter really helped as I sat on it. I could not use it with myleg wut te broken foot as the knee got bruised & skinned when the car knocked me down...same with you a knee scooter won;t work as you would have to rest the knee on the seat...

:cry3:
:sadhug2:

Last edited:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Great job! :) And I hope that your knee soon is better. ♥

Perriewinkle

20170522_134439.jpg
This is why I question having a way for her to get to the bottom of her cage.. but she'd find a way.. morning poo..

20170522_134445.jpg
Nibbled on the book but...

20170522_134506.jpg
Decided the fingertrap has to go instead..

She was siper quiet this morning .. lol

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
Where did you get that stone perch? I want some for mine.

Pipsqueak

Avenue Veteran
LOve the toys and perches your birdie has. I want to get a flag stone perch too :) Hope your knee is healing well, it sounds very painful.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
It looks perfect :)

How is your knee? My mom recently broke her ankle in three places and it has been a long recovery.

I hope you are healing well.

Perriewinkle

It looks perfect :)

How is your knee? My mom recently broke her ankle in three places and it has been a long recovery.

I hope you are healing well.
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. My knee is healing as well as can be expected? They found the break almost a month after the accident when it wasn't getting better.. I should have been on crutches and no weight this entire time =( but I'm walking on it. I just don't have full range of motion and it gives out time to time.. and standing still is super hard on me. I only make it about 30 min or so of standing up. Working on PT. Orthopedic dr said about 6 more weeks and I should be good to go

Perriewinkle

So.. last night/yesterday I worked from 4:30pm til about 5 am this morning.. i got home, opened up Felicia ate food and then laid down, closing Felicia back into her penthouse.

She found her last Tweety Pie toy..this is what I woke up to.. 20170524_140637.jpg 20170524_140651.jpg

Good thing my order says it'll be here Friday lol