• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So excited I got my Bottlebrush!

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Excited for you!:dance4: Now I need to find out if there are small varieties that can be kept in pots!;)
That is what I was thinking also...but don't know if I can even find them in northeast Ohio.:huh:

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Saroj, JAM, what do you do with your bottlebrush trees? Do you nip branches off for the birds or do they play on it? Also, can it withstand being inside all the time, or does it have to be outside for maximum natural light?
We are lucky enough to have that many growing around us in the street that we don't need to one. They do tend to take over and grow really well. I don't think they're suitable for indoors due to the way they grow.
i usually scoop up the ends with bunches of the flower and then for branches I actually use the eucalyptus as they prefer to sit and chew on those as opposed to the bottlebrush. The lovies don't care they love both and will happily detect and destroy anything that is suspected to be flora or fauna. :D

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
We are lucky enough to have that many growing around us in the street that we don't need to one. They do tend to take over and grow really well. I don't think they're suitable for indoors due to the way they grow.
i usually scoop up the ends with bunches of the flower and then for branches I actually use the eucalyptus as they prefer to sit and chew on those as opposed to the bottlebrush. The lovies don't care they love both and will happily detect and destroy anything that is suspected to be flora or fauna. :D
please post one of your glorious bottlebrush flowers pics in this thread....pretty please!:D

greymatron

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Nicole
Awesome! Can't believe you got one!