• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Snuggle bird

Bellamingo

Sitting on the front steps
Mingo was making my doggie incredibly jealous this evening while having a snuggle in bed. I was having to scratch his head with one hand and hers with the other, and neither would be ignored! They're more alike than they think ;)
He snuggles up on my chest with a cat toy left over from a kitten I had a few years ago, who I rescued and rehomed. He thinks the shiny side is good for biting and the fluffy side for rubbing his face on and snuggling.
I've been trying to get him to have baths in his cage but he's been drinking the water instead of bathing! I have to keep sticking him in the shower because he gets so sticky from jumping in his food and eating fruit. He loved having a bath under the hose while I hosed his cage out but I got worried about the hose water possibly making him sick... am I being too nervous there?
If he sees me eating rockmelon he loses his **** until he gets some too, even if he already has some Cheeky bugger!
Also, here's a photo of him "helping" me cut up his fruit to freeze. Not much help was done. Much more flicking of cat biscuits happened, while the dogs vacuumed them up off the floor. IMG_2257.JPG IMG_2237.JPG IMG_2239.JPG

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
What a cutie. :)

Piki's Ben

Real Name
Ben MacAran
Love the pics. So good to see that Piki isn't the only caffeine addict. He will also fight you for milk, marg, butter and mayo . . . and he prefers Pepsi Max over Coke Zero.

Bellamingo

Love the pics. So good to see that Piki isn't the only caffeine addict. He will also fight you for milk, marg, butter and mayo . . . and he prefers Pepsi Max over Coke Zero.
The cup was empty... this time! He loves cups coz I used to mix up his baby formula in a mug, and now use them to warm up his fruit and veg. Though he likes black tea better than green, and pulpy OJ better than the smoother kind! Rockmelon is the god of all fruits, but a pear will do... just no strawberries or he'll spit them at me

KatherinesBirds

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
I live alone and am alone a lot so my birds are my life and I like to see someone like yourself. We delight in the antics they do!!! They accept us unconditionally and for all of our faults they just don't care about that stuff. This picture is the way I feel about my birds!!! IMG_20160811_163929_781-1.jpg

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
If you can switch to decaf or not allow him to get it, caffeine is not good for them. You can imagine with them being tiny how much their little ticker pounds away in their chest. Add a stimulant like caffeine to the mix and it's headed down heart problems path.... :)

Erden KESİM

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Erden KESİM
Mingo was making my doggie incredibly jealous this evening while having a snuggle in bed. I was having to scratch his head with one hand and hers with the other, and neither would be ignored! They're more alike than they think ;)
He snuggles up on my chest with a cat toy left over from a kitten I had a few years ago, who I rescued and rehomed. He thinks the shiny side is good for biting and the fluffy side for rubbing his face on and snuggling.
I've been trying to get him to have baths in his cage but he's been drinking the water instead of bathing! I have to keep sticking him in the shower because he gets so sticky from jumping in his food and eating fruit. He loved having a bath under the hose while I hosed his cage out but I got worried about the hose water possibly making him sick... am I being too nervous there?
If he sees me eating rockmelon he loses his **** until he gets some too, even if he already has some Cheeky bugger!
Also, here's a photo of him "helping" me cut up his fruit to freeze. Not much help was done. Much more flicking of cat biscuits happened, while the dogs vacuumed them up off the floor. View attachment 236791 View attachment 236792 View attachment 236793
it is really sweet. ;)