• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sneaky Snake

Tongue Flicker

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Neil Moreton

Another one of my top favorite snake, Dryophiops philippina. Not as brightly colored as most conventionally kept snake species are and maybe some of you have only heard of this snake until today but i assure you they are a delight to own. A similar looking cousin, Dryophiops rubescens, exists in Thailand.

It moves in a semi-sidewinding movement on the ground and sways its head side to side to mimic a twig blown by the wind.

Always alert and quick to escape

Even as matured adults, they are just as thin as a pencil but grows to almost a meter long. Way thinner than Asian Vinesnakes (Ahaetulla) :D

Happy Thursday!
^__^

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Very nice :) I can honestly tell you this is one species I've never seen in person. Pretty cool.

Tongue Flicker

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Neil Moreton

Well that's because they're not available commercially lol. A slender lizard-eater like this wont be able to fit a pinky mice in their mouth hence their potential for being a desirable (and practical) pinky mice-eating snake is close to nil for now :D