• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sneaky bird

sheeluhwhet

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Gemma
(Sorry for such a late reply, school atarted last week and I've just been trying to readjust!)

How are Charlie and Sherbet now!?
Imagining one of your birds gathering dog fur for nest is just so precious aaaaa

Peeps is cheecky indeed. Just this lunch time, he tried to get on my bowl again ahaha he was so fast once he got off my arm! My camera could barely catch up!
20180830_145002.jpg
20180830_145038.jpg
20180830_144935.jpg
20180830_143427.jpg
20180830_143429.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh your lunch is making me hungry, looks yum! No wonders Peeps tries to help you eat ;)

sheeluhwhet

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Gemma
Oh your lunch is making me hungry, looks yum! No wonders Peeps tries to help you eat ;)
Awe thanks! It was so good ahhah honestly, I wish I could share some of my food with him, but it's not good for birds! D=
To be fair though, it had eggs and cucumbers which are some of his favorite salad ingredients :) Imma buy some new veggies for him to try tomorrow though--as a way to make it up to him lol

Clairecanary15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
Hi

Your food looks delicious. If you served up a little dish for Peeps with his suitable food while you ate from your own. .which dish would he chose? Bless him..table for two. Very cheeky Peeps

sheeluhwhet

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Gemma
Hi

Your food looks delicious. If you served up a little dish for Peeps with his suitable food while you ate from your own. .which dish would he chose? Bless him..table for two. Very cheeky Peeps
That is a great idea :) I did buy more English cucumbers; which he loves so much because even the seeds are soft for his lil beak! The weather is still very much hot here, so it's ideal for more cold noodles. We shall see which one he'll choose!

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
I cant wait to here which dish he choses. .will say alot about his dominance too.

Its still warm here..not as hot thank goodness but lovely in the garden and perfect. We are now working on the outside area for the flight for the birds.

Are cucumbers grown where you live?..they are a funny thing. Ive just learnt that we can get mini ones too

sheeluhwhet

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Gemma
Are you talking about cocktail cucumbers? Those are the smallest I've seen lol
I think they grow here?? Im not really sure tbh, I buy mine at the store ahaha

I haven't made cold noodles yet, but I thought I'd try anyways. The only safe ingredient in today's lunch was romaine (and he already has a salad in his cage lol), so he had 2 leaves. He initially went for my share, but went to the other one when I pointed at his bowl--did he understand me!?!?!
20180904_140735.jpg
He only ate a bit though! To be fair, he has food stashes all over the room, so he probably just wanted a taste lol
20180904_142826.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
A very interesting look into his behaviour and maybe his thinking... I liked the way he wanted to try yours first lol and then you pointed..i think they do understand body language and a finger point. They read their own kind by body language.

You will have to try it again lol and see if again he goes to your dish first. What does this mean? Is he dominant over you? Is he acting as part of the flock? Or is he being playful? I think he sees you as his flock..I often watch my now 24 move around the aviary together as one.