• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Snail Pimping Fail

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Everywhere I look people talk about how HORRIBLE it is to get pest snails and how it's impossible to get rid of them. Pretty much everything indicates that once you have a few you're going to end up overrun. But me? Noooo I have them and I got like 50 of them to put in the Arrtoo (the Beta's) tank with the rest of Spike's future victims. And they will not breed!!! I have a plant in there, I have good temps and water perimeters, and still no baby snails! I have even been watching to see if Arrtoo is eating them, but nope. What do I got to do?!?! Play Barry White? Give them a romantic meal?! Perhaps they need a pep talk?!

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
They probably know their babies will get eaten, so are holding out on you.:rolleyes:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
How much water flow do you have? Do your plants have long, wide leaves? What type of snails are they? Some need more specific conditions than others. Are you feeding any veggies or have any algae/wafers for them to eat?

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
It's a java fern, and they're trumpet snails (or at least that's what the pet store said) and they get algae wafers and I'll put veggies in there now and then for them to nom on. Mostly kale

InTheAir

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Claire
You can have some of ours! I can't seem to get rid of them, no matter what I do.

shel

Sprinting down the street
Kama sutra for snails?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh theyre gonna breed, dont worry. Give em time.:D