• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Slightly Impatient

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Just noticed my swivel is not spinning. :facepalm: He better not be spinning that out of my drop ceiling. Been so many years since I hung that I can't remember what I did up there. :hilarious:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
:rofl: That’s way too cute.

I wonder if birds get dizzy like people do?? Lol

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
He is awesome!!! What a handsome guy. I bet he didn't tip you! Lol

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I'm HUNGRY can't you hear me I said I'm HUNGRY!!!!!!! I'm starving. LOL!!!! ( It popped up on my YouTube channel) made me smile.

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Will dance for food. :joyful:

I know the feeling regarding the items hung from the ceiling. I moved often so have gotten plenty of practice but I still have a hard time hanging my things up/scared they will fall.
I use a stud finder and "octopus" anchor hooks plus my 2 are flighted but still, I worry and hate the idea of my things falling especially if either mac is on board. :(

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Silly boy.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Does anyone know where I can get the attachment that goes between the ceiling and the item you want to hang? There is one in the above video and I have seen them before in pics on AA but I am not sure what kind of plastic they are made out of nor where to get them. As I doubt they have them here for sale if someone can tell me what kind of plastic they are made from I may be able to find somewhere to cut me some so I can hang things from the ceiling without being worried that my house destroyer/decorator will make an unwanted upstairs entry into my ceiling.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
That looks like fun! Macaw made merry-go-round.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Does anyone know where I can get the attachment that goes between the ceiling and the item you want to hang? There is one in the above video and I have seen them before in pics on AA but I am not sure what kind of plastic they are made out of nor where to get them. As I doubt they have them here for sale if someone can tell me what kind of plastic they are made from I may be able to find somewhere to cut me some so I can hang things from the ceiling without being worried that my house destroyer/decorator will make an unwanted upstairs entry into my ceiling.
The ones I have are acrylic: Welcome to Blu's Bird Toys - Stimulate Your Bird's Senses!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Thank you @Hjarta5 :)

I’ll have a search about for a close place to get some from. Hopefully then I can hang things safely from the ceiling for Burt.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was going to say that @Jan was the only vendor that I remember that has them. I'm not sure but being Acrylic, Burt probably couldn't break them if he tried. I could be wrong, I know their beaks are pretty strong.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Yeah I’m hoping he won’t break it.
I’m going to look for somewhere local..... my son informed me he has checked it out before and he found a place that’s reasonably priced and will also cut it to what ever shape you want.

So far he has managed to break things I’m told he can’t or shouldn’t be able to so I don’t know but I’m hoping if there’s more interesting stuff to do hanging from them then he will just leave them alone.