• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sleeping Amazon

Allysanne Lord

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Allysanne
I've had my Amazon home for about a week, but have known him for over a year. I've noticed at home he sleeps quite alot, hes still quite playful and interactive still, but in his old residence he didnt sleep nearly as often. Would this be because my home is a more quiet environment as opposed to a zoo like environment? Thank you :)

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How old is he? What's his diet like? Has he been to a vet?

Allysanne Lord

Real Name
Allysanne
Hes around 20 years, his diet consist of pellets, fresh fruits and veggies with seed occasionally as well as cuddle bone available to him daily. I have not taken him to a vet since he has been in my home.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hes around 20 years, his diet consist of pellets, fresh fruits and veggies with seed occasionally as well as cuddle bone available to him daily. I have not taken him to a vet since he has been in my home.
He could be sleeping a lot because he's in a new environment. Did he have other flock mates where he was?

Allysanne Lord

Real Name
Allysanne
He was not housed with other birds, but he was around other birds.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
What is a lot? Birds do typically take short naps throughout the day. Do his droppings look normal?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
His dropping are consistent and normal.. and I guess they could be considered as short naps as opposed to sleeping for long periods of time.
My two take naps. I have a nest cam and check in from time to time. They're more active when we are home.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge