• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Simba and Nala's Update

Scorch

Strolling the yard
Hey guys. So recently, I put up a thread asking for help for my brothers little kitten Simba, who was critically ill. They got him alongside another young female called Nala, they got them for free from a pet shop who was giving them away. So here is the update:
Simba has completely recovered, no medicine was used and all my brothers did was take care of him, feed him well and give him plenty of love. He is now running around playing with his toys, investigating my brothers homework and having fun with Nala. Speaking of Nala, my brothers found out that she is pregnant. They won't be able to keep the kittens but they will make sure to give them good homes. In one of my previous posts, I said that as I'm unable to keep a parrot, I am hoping to get a cat which means that I will be able to get one of Nala's kittens. I will obviously have to wait but I don't mind. Simba and Nala both have passports so they can travel with my brothers. Can't wait for my future fluffy kitten :D. Wish Nala luck guys.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Congratulations! Get all three spayed and neutered after the kittens are born.

Scorch

Strolling the yard
Of course, my brothers always spay and neuter their cats but this time as the pet shop didn't give much info, they didn't know that she wasn't spayed and of course they had to deal with the stress of Simba's sudden illness. I'll make sure that all the kittens are spayed and neutered, including Nala.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
You have to wait till the kittens are six months old to spay or neuter them. You won’t probably have them for so long, but you can offer to pay for the procedure for the new owners when they are old enough. That would be a good adoption incentive.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great that Simba has recovered. Congrats re: the kittens.

Scorch

Strolling the yard
You have to wait till the kittens are six months old to spay or neuter them. You won’t probably have them for so long, but you can offer to pay for the procedure for the new owners when they are old enough. That would be a good adoption incentive.
There is no issue with time for the new owners so they can wait until everything is settled. Obviously, they will have to wait until the kittens are old enough for dry food so my brothers won't have an issue waiting until they are old enough to be spayed and neutered. We already had around 7 cats in our lifetime so we have a lot of experience with cats :D.

Scorch

Strolling the yard
Great that Simba has recovered. Congrats re: the kittens.
Thanks! I can't wait and it is truly a miracle that Simba recovered. Later on, my brother found out that he didn't have 50% chance of dying but he actually had more of a percentage - the vet just didn't want to upset my brother so he decided to lie a little bit. We should change his name to Lucky :p, I just video called my brother and Simba looks amazing, Nala is resting, looking like a little grey furball and Simba is causing trouble like his usual self. He jumps on my brother's textbooks and blocks his view begging for cuddles (which obviously, my brother can't resist). Then he runs off and plays then comes back. He is actually like a little lion :D