• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

silly question: is it possible that me going to school upsets arthur?

analliecat

Walking the driveway
Real Name
allie
i've gone back to university, which means now i spend less time with arthur and jethro. jethro seems fine but arthur seems upset and i don't know if i'm being silly and reading into it or if he's really upset with me. i commute so i come home everday and spend time with him outside the cage but since i started he seems cranky and i don't know if its because he's hormonal or if hes unhappy.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Cheeky used to be crabby and bite on sat mornings cause my husband and I go out on fri nites and come home very late. She got used to it though and now sat morn is like every other day

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
My amazon gets mad if I'm gone for more than 2 hours and will bite me if I let him for the rest of the day. I think once they are used to having you home they want to keep you there. Over time I'm sure this will get better. My birds used to have to adjust to me being gone much longer each day once the school year started in August. During the summer I only worked part time. They would all be upset and crabby the first week or two but then would adjust.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
My birds get very upset with me when I’m gone longer than expected. Sunset in particular will just sit there and yell at me for a really long time. I guess she’s chewing me out lol! Hopefully Arthur will get used to the new schedule soon.