• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Silent Pionus parrots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I don't think so....:wacky:
And this is what happens when you come home after training hard for 4 hrs, eating dinner and then want to take a nap on the couch. :arghh:
Yes they are small, and they are females, but they do sound a lot!!

@Perriewinkle Perhaps not what you wanted. But see it this way, their is always someone that has it worse then you.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
And I really wonder if Tiki can sound like that?
@DQTimnehs

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Tiki is much louder than that when she flock calls! Normally she squeaks fairly quietly but she loses the squeakiness when she calls and gets more crow-like. :)

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Tiki is much louder than that when she flock calls! Normally she squeaks fairly quietly but she loses the squeakiness when she calls and gets more crow-like. :)
As I did say, they are always someone that has it worse then you... LOL! :D
And I always thought that Tiki was so silent. She looks silent, but those girls will always fool you. :p

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
As I did say, they are always someone that has it worse then you... LOL! :D
And I always thought that Tiki was so silent. She looks silent, but those girls will always fool you. :p

Well she is pretty quiet most of the time. And her calling has gotten much less frequent. I probably only hear her once a week or so now, sometimes less. :)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
The thing about having two is they key off each other and get louder and louder together. When Nerd had his brother with him they would get wound up and drive me outa my room. Nerd did have that very loud jungle flock call he would do about every day too.
They got all wound up because you got home? You know that means they care about you. :xflove:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Andre says that is just a warm up.

VictoryCC124

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Shanna
My BH, Jewel, does that (but louder) every morning when I'm in brushing my teeth. I swear she thinks my tooth brush is killing me. And if I take too long to show her that I'm not dead, Leo, the WC, will start in too. But his little voice is a little easier on the ears. When I walk past their room to show them that I'm alive, without acknowledging them directly, the cute little peeps start, because she knows I won't come to her while she's being loud. Jewel doesn't make a lot of noise usually, but when she does she's obnoxious!

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I will just say that IRL it sounds much louder, and if I don't wear earplugs I will damage my ears.
The media I record with and the program that I convert with reduce all high pitches and also lower decibel levels.
Their is nothing I can do about that. But trust me, they are LOUD! :D
The thing about having two is they key off each other and get louder and louder together.
Eloy was never screaming like this. But then Akela arrived, Akela with her very loud morning flockcall. But Eloy did stay silent.
But when Eliy arrived it all started. :arghh: That is Eliy that is the starter every time, Akela just chime in and the highest pitch is hers.
They got all wound up because you got home? You know that means they care about you. :xflove:
No that means that they are evil and not letting me take a 20 min nap. :shifty: They did that every time I'm laying down on the couch. They must hate me so much! :wacky::p:D

Perriewinkle

Rollerblading along the road
No that means that they are evil and not letting me take a 20 min nap. :shifty: They did that every time I'm laying down on the couch. They must hate me so much! :wacky::p:D
Felicia does this UNTIL i lay down.. they she will quiet down and make cute churr churr noises..its like she wants to watch me sleep...:huh:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Felicia does this UNTIL i lay down.. they she will quiet down and make cute churr churr noises..its like she wants to watch me sleep...:huh:
She really is a sweet heart! ♥♥♥

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Well then pretend to be sick. Every Pionus I've ever had gets really concerned and quiet and will watch over me when I'm sick. And Nerd even watched over my sister when she had a bad burn and would stay by her all day but let her sleep nicely while he kept careful watch.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Well then pretend to be sick. Every Pionus I've ever had gets really concerned and quiet and will watch over me when I'm sick. And Nerd even watched over my sister when she had a bad burn and would stay by her all day but let her sleep nicely while he kept careful watch.
That was what Eloy was doing to. I got really sick when I had him, and I did thought that I was gonna cage him because I was sleeping a lot on the couch.
At that moment he was very, very active and so mischievous.
But No, he did stay with me all that week watching over me very silent. I never would have thought that. They know when we are sick, and then they are our little angels. ♥

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

Well she is pretty quiet most of the time. And her calling has gotten much less frequent. I probably only hear her once a week or so now, sometimes less. :)

I knew writing that would jinx it! She called 3 times yesterday - once when I was out of sight of her play stand for a few minutes and twice after putting her and Itsy in their cages a bit earlier than usual as I was going shopping. Once the other 2 were in their cages, she didn't call again. :p

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lol. Leto always acts up when i try to take a nap too, JT. He'll even go so far as to wolf whistle to get me up.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Nerds Flock call was BUUWEEEEEEP! very loud. I'm sure it's something he and Ferd learned as young birds in their jungle. Lurch just kinda went Woooo, Dobby I'm not sure sure what he does.
And I do remember a discussion here about our birds becoming our caretakers as best as they knew how when they know we're sick. I don't think just Pionus do it but I have personal experience with them doing it just like Eloy and many of us here have.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Lol. Leto always acts up when i try to take a nap too, JT. He'll even go so far as to wolf whistle to get me up.
They are mean, aren't they?! :arghh:
I wonder if this is a kind of payback for something? What did we do wrong? Not enough nuts? Not enough toys and attention? :meh:
Give Leto a kiss from me! ♥

I knew writing that would jinx it! She called 3 times yesterday
:rofl::rofl::rofl: (sorry, but that is what happens when you get to little sleep :p )

Last edited:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I think he worries when I'm sleeping. He thinks something is wrong when I'm horizontal :shocked3:
In fact I was thinking the same. :)
My girls are not mean at all, so probably they just get worried and then they scream. And I know Leto isn't mean either so that is probably that they are worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.