• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Signature sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faen

Hit the Road
On this forum i haven't really seen too many that are outrageously huge. I do understand completely that some are just way too big at times though. I used to be on a forum where everyone had HUGE sigs, and they weren't even attractive looking... It drove me crazy. I don't often make sigs for others and myself, but when i do i try and make them as small as possible. With that being said, i do get carried away sometimes, and i think that's what happens with a lot of people. I think if you have a large flock that needs lots of space, if possible you should try and make it longer in length(though not stretching out the forum) rather than in height so it doesn't take up half the page.

Regarding the eggs. I don't mind them too much. I do admit, it does sort of make people look a little juvenile, again with that being said in the past i have had eggs myself. I just tired of clicking on them and what not and they all ended up dying and i don't even remember my account name anymore, haha. Seriously though, if you just a few eggs i don't care too much, if you have whole crap load of them then maybe just post your favourites or post a link to your account so people can click them there, or at use the option to have it integrated in a sig.... i believe someone here has it, i don't recall who though..... If i find out i'll point them out here and use them as an example to show what i mean. :)

Last edited:

CrashSmAshley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ashley
I also agree that after a certain size they do get a little annoying but most sigs on here are pretty reasonable.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
If anyone is interested in my opinion, I say things are OK on this forum as they are with the option to disable signatures if intrusive. However, a size limitation somewhat smaller than the largest size currently permitted here would be preferable. Even though I browse the forum with a fairly large display, big signatures still make for a lot of scrolling.

Some forums such as automotive forums I browsed a lot in the past, limit the frequency of sigs to once per thread per member. I don't know how this could be automated since it wasn't on those forums other than through members' personal discretion. Moreover, some forums limit signatures to topical themes. In other words, only images or links that is on topic to the primary focus of the forum. In this case aviculture, so dragon eggs or anything else non-topical would not be permitted with such regulations in effect.

hsmoscout

I'm definitely guilty of this. I'll try to make my signature smaller sometime this week.

Eliza

Jogging around the block
I have to agree with those who are of the opinion that some of the signatures on this forum are on the large side. Between the over-sized signatures, banners and awards it makes the forum look junky. This becomes particularly evident when somone replies to a post with a single word or couple smilies. It also makes viewing the forum from a mobile device difficult.

I was not aware that there was an option to disable signatures until I read this particular post. The thing is that I (and I'm sure many others) ENJOY looking at the various signatures and such. It's neat to see favorite photos of flock members. That said, I fail to understand why a signature needs to be the equivalant of a 4" x 6" photograph... or larger :o:

Last edited:

Faen

Hit the Road
I'm definitely guilty of this. I'll try to make my signature smaller sometime this week.
I think your actual sig picture is fine with your birds and what not, however with your added links, and tickers and what not it makes it a tad on the large side though not over bearing. Though if you wanted, you could remove the age tickers and keep the rest and it would be perfect. Seriously though, either way your sig size isn't too bad. Or like i said above, if you wanted to keep the tickers, next time you make a sig expand in length rather than height.

feebee

Jogging around the block
do you guys think mine is to big? honest opinions i need to make another to add my other budgie, so just need to see if i keep same size or smaller :)

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
do you guys think mine is to big? honest opinions i need to make another to add my other budgie, so just need to see if i keep same size or smaller :)
I think yours is just about perfect. Even a little larger would be OK for me. :)

diljaa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Diljá
Whew! I'm glad I wasn't ruffling any feathers by this post. I love to see people's signatures and I think it's quite nice to have a reference of what kind of bird people are talking about in their post by having their pic in the siggy. So I wouldn't want to turn off all signatures just to avoid the few big ones out there.

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
Since I've made a lot of the signatures running around, is there an opinion as to the size of them? I typically try not to make them too tall, as that's what I've found tends to look strange. Though my current one might almost equal a 4x6? :)

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
The bigger problem I have is when the signatures have multiple bigger elements, one under the other. I generally have no issues with things being on the wide side, it's really height that is problematic..and even then, one slightly higher than normal banner type thing isn't the issue..it's when there are multiple quite high items under each other.

pineview01

I actually am not a fan of the overly big signatures. I don't like the option of turning them off either, as I do enjoy seeing most of them, but I do find that some could benefit from being downsized.
I agree. I like seeing them. But, there are several that are way to big. Most boards I'm on have a size limit. On my old 'puter in the basement I have to turn them off, as it is sooooo sloooow.:hehe:

Last edited:

pineview01

MHO is your height is good now. If you need to add, wider is better:D

pineview01

Since I've made a lot of the signatures running around, is there an opinion as to the size of them? I typically try not to make them too tall, as that's what I've found tends to look strange. Though my current one might almost equal a 4x6? :)
I'm on one board that only allows 2". I think a 4" height is great!!!

Zella yours is GREAT!

Faen

Hit the Road
The bigger problem I have is when the signatures have multiple bigger elements, one under the other. I generally have no issues with things being on the wide side, it's really height that is problematic..and even then, one slightly higher than normal banner type thing isn't the issue..it's when there are multiple quite high items under each other.
Ditto.

feebee

Jogging around the block
oh and i agree, i prefer the wider signatures, and when people have been given awards to put them next to the signature not underneath.. i just saw sig picture/ writing/ quote underneath took up my whole computer screen and i have a 22inch screen! :O

Status
Not open for further replies.