• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sif - Home at Last

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
@NirAntae - I think that’s one of the trade offs between TAGs & CAGs as I understand it. The TAGs mature faster & Kito has places to go & things to see. I don’t expect the snuggly/sleeps to last forever but I will enjoy it while I can!:heart:

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Nothing more precious than a grey sleeping on your shoulder! The good news is that while they may grow our of lying on your shoulder, they still can sleep on your shoulder. At night, Louise will perch on my shoulder, beak grind, and sleep. Sif is a very beautiful Grey and sounds like a sweetheart. Keep posting pictures so we can watch her grow!

Temi's Tavern

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Temi
Such a pretty girl!

Kodigirl210

Sif is currently at the vet. Other than her feet she is perfectly healthy. Whatever gargle noises she makes are just her vocalizations. And tg her daggers are getting cut. My hands/wrists/shoulders can’t take any more. Sif will have to have her toes cut off as they are damaged & can’t be repaired. They are more likely to get caught on stuff & perhaps hurt her more. As I know one of them was still causing her pain this will be the best treatment for her. Dr Jenkins is a world renowned vet & I trust what he has to say. On the other hand it appears the damage might have been preventable as the damage was caused by low humidity. It’s too late for what-if’s. We can only love forward. Sif will be a happier bird once the toes are gone and not causing her any pain.

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
She is beautiful... makes me wonder where I fit another cage into my home...

Beth

Kodigirl210

Surgery is done and we are home. Only one toe was partially amputated. Sif has managed to pop her stitches once already so we will be keeping a close on eye on her. Rn she is on pain killer and sleepy so I will take my rest where I can get it. Thanks all

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Glad to hear she's home!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
She is so precious.

Kodigirl210

@iamwhoiam - there is the pic from 12/10 posted. That was after surgery. It was the toe that had the “hook”’or laying down J which is now gone. It’s healing over quite rapidly and i actually believe it will be completed healing by Friday or Saturday versus the 10-14 days they quoted. It’s already shrunk and the nub is still a little tender but I believe that will also fade quickly. Sif can now balance herself on her left foot as of tonight for the first time. I expect things will only get better from here on out!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Saw the photo. It's great that it is healing quickly and she can now balance better. Sif is very lucky that you brought her into your home.

Kodigirl210

I’ve decided to backoff on the pain meds as the foot seems mostly healed. Also I am tired of the random poops. I go through way too many shirts every day. She enjoys cuddling and head/neck scratches but the random expungements temper that. I will say she has gotten very clever at trying to get to her to her toe. She holds her wing and her foot close together then sneaks her beak onto the toe with the wing as cover ...