• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sif - Home at Last

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
It’s been a journey with a lot of ups & downs but last night we picked Sif up and brought her home. With my special little girl, there are definitely going to be some adaptions necessary. Most importantly Sif is a gentle girl who is like a burr. If I am able to unvelcro her before nightfall from my wrist or shoulder is a question to be pondered. I am enjoying the love & the weeks of visiting have paid off as she all but tore out of the cage yesterday to get to me & also she trusts me to pick her up, put her down, feed her & snuggle. Currently she is up on my shoulder relaxing with a little beak grind after having had breakfast & stretching her wings a few times to test if they are ready to fly. Happy Saturday All!

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
It’s been a journey with a lot of ups & downs but last night we picked Sif up and brought her home. With my special little girl, there are definitely going to be some adaptions necessary. Most importantly Sif is a gentle girl who is like a burr. If I am able to unvelcro her before nightfall from my wrist or shoulder is a question to be pondered. I am enjoying the love & the weeks of visiting have paid off as she all but tore out of the cage yesterday to get to me & also she trusts me to pick her up, put her down, feed her & snuggle. Currently she is up on my shoulder relaxing with a little beak grind after having had breakfast & stretching her wings a few times to test if they are ready to fly. Happy Saturday All!
Yay Sif!! And Yay to a good momma to care for her!! ;):hug8:

NirAntae

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jennie
:parade::yah:

Welcome home, Sif!

I can sure sympathize with the whole shoulder-looks-like-a-pincushion thing lol... I made the mistake of wearing a sleeveless housedress the day after we got Kito home. No more of that nonsense! :lol:

And, now that I have a good view of her feet... I really think you will be surprised how little it bothers her.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
She's beautiful!! Congratulations! Love her perch, too!

Kodigirl210

Thanks for the welcome everyone! @NirAntae - the pics are deceptive. I’ve actually found her feet are worse than I knew. The back 2-on the left are both disfigured as opposed to just one toe. The right is still correct at one. Sif is having issues eating because she is still learning her balance on bad feet & she hasn’t figured out how to pick up food yet. I’m hopeful she will figure it out but it’s possible she may never pick her food up. No worries. It was one of the issues that was expected. I’m just happy she can perch!

Kodigirl210

Here’s a pic I caught of her left foot while she was exploring her cage. You will see that inner left toe is more a “stub” than toe sadly. It hasn’t slowed her down too much lol. And they are nowhere near as bad as I’ve seen as others. More a hiccup than bump in the road!;) :smilesign:
02706BD4-61F3-4007-B0C4-C6FF39FA0FA4.jpeg

Last edited:

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
They are so adaptable! And I agree. That foot has great potential for her use! Will you be keeping her fully fledged so that she'll get around better?

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
She is very cute! I'm glad you got her,she sure stole your heart from the first minute. She will figure out her feet. She has those baby eyes yet! How old is she? I believe young greys are pretty clumsy. Both my grey and my friends grey had slips and falls until about age 2. I think Louise is 4? and she still falls off her perch every once in a while--although she is usually spooked. When young, they can get in ”situations”
upload_2018-12-8_22-47-31.jpeg

Last edited:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Sif is beautiful. And I love her snazzy perches.