• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sideways pictures

Lo_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Every time I try to upload pictures from a cell phone they automatically go sideways. I thought maybe it was my phone at first since it has been messing up recently but it has happened on my moms phone as well.

They aren't sideways on the computer or our phones.
Any advice?

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
You just have to go to your camera roll or photo library and do something to edit it and save. Once you do that it will load upright. If you save or download the pic from the Internet it uploads fine. I have emailed a photo on my phone to myself, pulled it up on my iPad and then saved it and it uploaded it normally that way. So annoying, but that's the only way I have figured out to get them to not be sideways. Usually I just crop it an almost invisible amount and save, lol.

Reactions: Lo_

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
You just have to go to your camera roll or photo library and do something to edit it and save. Once you do that it will load upright. If you save or download the pic from the Internet it uploads fine. I have emailed a photo on my phone to myself, pulled it up on my iPad and then saved it and it uploaded it normally that way. So annoying, but that's the only way I have figured out to get them to not be sideways. Usually I just crop it an almost invisible amount and save, lol.

Thank you! This has been driving me crazy lately lol. They upload just fine from my camera and everything, just not our phones. Ugh. Anyways, thanks! :roflmao:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
No problem! I know just how you feel, so I am glad I could help :D

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
I have the same problem from my laptop. It is the right way on my computer, but when I upload it, it is sideways. Very strange.

Tweet

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jacklyn
I'm a little late on this but oh well :hehe: , This is what I do : Email the photos > Save them to my pictures > Double click them in the file so their larger > rotate them to what I like. > Click File in the top left corner > click copy > then go to post here :laugh: Hopes this helps anyone in need!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Mine upload sideways from my phone

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
As mentioned, if a photo is sideways on the phone, edit the photo from the phone itself and rotate to right side up.

If on a Windows computer with Windows Photo Viewer, you can upload the image to your computer, open the image with Windows Photo Viewer, and there's an option at the bottom to rotate the image. It should automatically save if you close Windows Photo Viewer or change to a different photo.

Or one can always get a free image editing software such as Paint.NET and open the images within the program, rotate and save the image!

Likewise, if you use an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Flickr, there are options to edit the photo once uploaded!

BirdBreeders

Checking out the neighborhood
You are probably using Windows 8.1, right? Images have their orientation embedded into them. Win8 thinks they are doing you a favor by "fixing" their view when they are actually sideways. The update will probably read the embedded data and fix them for you during upload. I struggled for days fixing this on a site of mine. :eek:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
someone want to try uploading pictures from their phone? Should hopefully be fixed now.