• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sick?

Holly21

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Deana
Hello, so recently my love bird Skittles has been fluffed up and tucks her head behind her back. She is always sleeping and does not want any contact with me. I contacted my avian vet and he said if her droppings change color contact him, her droppings have not changed and she is still always sleeping... Anyone have any suggestions to what I should do? I do have her in my bedroom and I have to sleep with a fan at night and sometimes it can get cold at nights but I have a heavy blanket over her cage. If it is a sickness I do not want my tiels to get it because they are beside her and they are older...

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I would have her checked anyways, regardless of the dropping change he/ she/ vet wants you to look out for.

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
Her behavior is suspicious, if you ask me. Because birds can hide their illness for so long, I would take her in for an evaluation because even though her droppings are normal her behavior isn't. She is sleepy and lethargic, that's enough to be a worry for me. I might even place her on a warm towel or warm perch or near a warm lamp. But I would probably have her seen.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
You know your baby best. If something seems off, don't delay. Get to the vet as soon as you can. :sadhug2: Big hugs! I hope it's something easily remedied.