• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Sick White capped Pionus

Birds999

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi,

My 9 year old pionus recently started not feeling well. He is sleeping a lot during the day and puffs up quite often during the day and sneezes occasionally. He also is very grouchy. I have put a bird heater in his cage by is favourite perch, but he is scared of it and won't sit near it. So now I have covered 3 sides of his cage to try and heat it up a bit. Does anyone have any other suggestions? His poop, eyes and nose look fine.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
My Moluccan had a sinus infection and the only sign was that he was sneezing occasionally. When I finally got him to the vets his white blood cells count was really high. So even though sneezing can seem like a small symptom to us it isn't for birds. I highly urge you to please take your bird the vets

parrotluv

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Since you are seeing obvious signs he is not well, it is important to have him seen by a vet ASAP, parrots are good at hiding illness but one they are at the point you are describing they can no longer hide it and need medical attention. Could be something as simple as just needing antibiotics.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope he will be okay. Let us know how the vet visit goes!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry that your bird was ill but good that he is feeling better.