• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Sick or Content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
How about from the video, does he look normal to you guys?

Jacob

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Herdis
He does look normal to me. What did you feed him that could have colored his feathers?

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
To me yes...but the thing you have to remember about taking videos and a sick bird...they are going to do EVERYTHING in their powder to LOOK NORMAL when something strange is being aimed at them...
So to get the "natural" why he is acting for us is not to put the camera right on him...sit down like you normally do...put the camera on something near you he can see and "adjust" to after a while and then start shooting the picture from afar to get the action...I have no idea if you have zoom on it but have it on that setting...this will give more of a "natural" view...did you see his feathers go close to his body when he moved away and you followed him close? That was a threat to him and he took his feather close to his body and "rose up" a little to look taller...birds do that when threaten......Just a little hint for you...:hug8:

ChristyHuber

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christy
I see you are a fellow Minnesota native. Does he usually get puffed around this time of year? I know it's really cold there right now, maybe he's just making up for the change by fluffing. Just a thought.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I just recently got him, so I'm not sure what's normal for him. BF, when I'm sitting on the ground away from him without the camera, he looks similar to the pics. Kind of sleepy, and a little fluffed.

Last edited:
B

Beatriz Cazeneuve

When it comes to budgies, the telltale sign of disease is how they fly. If they are flying strong and fast, they are fine. It's when they don't fly unless they really have to that you need to worry so how is his flying?

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Well, he was a terrible flier when I got him, he would fly but would hit walls and fly so high that he would rub against the ceiling. So I clipped a couple of wing feathers to slow him down. He's still flying today.
And I just got home from work and he is looking much more normal. I am thinking he was just tired and cold.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
They are sleeping in the bathroom (where I'm quarantining). I wake them up whenever I go to use the bathroom at night, but I try to get in and out quickly before I disturb them too much.
That is a possible reason for the laziness and being puffed up. He's not getting un-interrupted sleep.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
John bet you are right, you always hit the nail on the head!
If your bird is having even a small interupted sleep pattern it tends to all catch up on them.
They can become a bit disorientated because of this in their daily existance.
Are you keeping him warm enough also? He can be feeling cold just from the above conditions.
Is he preening himself as per normal? Good luck.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Just a quick update from this morning. I decided to just go downstairs if I had to use the bathroom last night, so I wouldn't disturb him. He looks completely normal this morning. I also covered them for the night, so it was nice and warm for them. He was vocal and dove straight into his fresh food today. I think it was a false alarm, but I know not to go in there anymore at night. I should be getting the test results from the vet in a few days so they will moving into the bird room and I won't have to worry about disturbing them. :D

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Thank you for the update!
Keeping my fingers crossed that it really wasn't anything...:hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I am glad the little guy is doing better.

Ginger

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.