• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sick budgie :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuzanqa

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zuz
Zuzanna - I certainly can emphatize with you. I'm proud that you are doing everything to save your little budgie. Your vet sounds like very good one.
Thank you everyone for your kind words! Little Chit is coming home TOMORROW!!! The fabric he had eaten has finally passed through his stomach into his intestines and is gradually coming out. He had another xray today and another endoscopy poor thing and they determined that his stomach is empty, at last! So he can go home and will spend two days in a ¨recovery cage¨where he will be closely watched by me :) If everything is well, he will join the other two in the big cage on Monday. I´m so happy!

My vet IS very good, I´m very impressed with his professionalism. There were days I doubted Chitty would make it. And here we are :)

:dance4:

Last edited:

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Wonderful news! :hug8:

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Congratulations! That is great news! You saved his life! I am really happy the little one is hopefully on the mend. The vet does sound exceptionally good. That toy is TERRIBLE. Can you email the co. and let them know what happened? It is dangerous.

ronsig

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sigrid
What a relief! That was a close call I am glad that the vet was able to find the cause and treat it!!

Welcome home, little Chit!

Sigrid

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Oh what great news! Wow, that is a shreddable toy that many people get for their birds...I guess we need to monitor more closely how our birds play with toys...any toy unfortunately can pose a risk:(

I am soooo happy for you and respect you so much for doing all you can for your little baby!

zuzanqa

Real Name
Zuz
Congratulations! That is great news! You saved his life! I am really happy the little one is hopefully on the mend. The vet does sound exceptionally good. That toy is TERRIBLE. Can you email the co. and let them know what happened? It is dangerous.
I did email them today, good idea!

Chitty is back home, climbing like crazy all over his recovery cage. Ananda and Sat were so happy to see him! I have to give him medication for a few more days and I am hoping the herb salad arrives soon so we can boost his immune system, especially after two weeks of daily antibiotics. Poor little mite. He ate some seeds a couple hours ago and he pooped a lot. So far so good !!

Thank you guys for your support. I appreciate it very much :hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Wonderful news that your baby is making a good recovery! :hug8:

zuzanqa

Real Name
Zuz
:D We just got back from a check up at the vet´s. Chit is perfectly fine. The vet said he was very lucky! Chitty is a tough little guy! :laughing12:

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
That is great news! I'm so glad you were there for him and able to have the surgery done. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.