• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Should She Listen to That?

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
If I put on sounds of lovebirds chirping will she bond to the sounds and not me? May be a stupid question, but.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Whether you should let her hear it or not depends on whether she likes it or not:) She Will only truely bond to you if you work from trust and respect. If a few sounds would break that bond it was simply not a bond:) So totally okay to do:) Post a picture of your cutie when you can, I don’t think I have seen her before, right? What is her name?:)

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Whether you should let her hear it or not depends on whether she likes it or not:) She Will only truely bond to you if you work from trust and respect. If a few sounds would break that bond it was simply not a bond:) So totally okay to do:) Post a picture of your cutie when you can, I don’t think I have seen her before, right? What is her name?:)

Isla :)

I JUST got her yesterday. So I don't have too many good pictures!
Thank you for your response!

upload_2018-9-8_12-54-3.png upload_2018-9-8_12-52-13.png

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
What a pretty girl and name!

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
I played love bird sounds when i got my girl 1 and half months ago. She was scared to come to me the first 2 days but when i started playing lovebird videos/sound she came running over. 2 days after than she would just hang out with me of her own free will with no videos/sounds playing.

birderkb

Moving in
My Nimby was a stray that I adopted from the local animal shelter and she was terrified of me. I've been using youtube videos of lovebirds singing too and we've made amazing progress over the last two months - she recently started coming close to me and most recently she sat on my foot, walked on my leg and flew to my hand to nibble on my fingers (she likes it when the computer mouse clicks) without using the videos. She may never sit on my hand or shoulder but thats ok too, we will just keep working on building trust.