• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Should I...

RachelM

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Rachel Mayrhofer
Hi! I'll be rescuing a cockatiel or two in the future. I'm noticing some mash and seed mixtures on Avian Organics.com that look really good and full of different varieties of seed (looks good enough to snack on!:wacky::smuggrin:) Are there specific seed and pellet mixtures anyone would recommend? Maybe some organic treats as well? Thanks!

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
I love my cockatiel but she was very finicky about trying new food. After years of effort she'll eat a bit healthier but won't touch mashes unless I put them in a bread mix first. I'd consider getting an AO bread mix along with mashes, etc to try out for healthy snacking. Bread can be frozen as well. Most cockatiels seem to love bean sprouts, it's the only way I can convince my cockatiel fresh veggies are good and that is to mix it with bean sprouts.

RachelM

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Rachel Mayrhofer
Well thank you! I'll have to see whether my 'tiel(s) like produce or not! Let's hope they do!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
My tiel really liked the Higgins Worldly Cuisine mixes- especially the ones with rice.