• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Should I take in these two budgies?

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just went in to check on the littles, and found Terre in the middle of what looked like a massive seizure. We're en route to the vet now.

Praying he pulls through and everything is fine. :sad11:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sending prayers for your little one.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sending positive thoughts for Terre. Come on little one...be OK.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...prayers going out...

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
Hoping everything turns out well.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
It was a stroke! Poor darling.

He seems to be improving, though. His balance is off but he's not nearly as bad as when I found him. I thought he was dying. :sad3:

The vet thinks he'll pull through and be okay. I'm going to leave him overnight (and maybe tomorrow) so there's always someone there to watch in case he goes downhill. This is going to be a long, long night.

AmyJas

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amy
I’m so sorry little Terre is still having problems. :( Hoping for the best.

I just saw the pictures of your babies in their new home and they’re adorable. And the cage you’ve created for them is amazing. Whatever happens, you’ve provided the best care possible to these precious babies.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oh dear.. poor little Terre. I was hoping their problems would be over now they are in a stable environment. All three are just the most precious ever!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Oh no! Poor bird.
I just knew it would be about money. The absence of personal details was such a giveaway.

Are you going to get him/her? Tbh it will be incredible if the bird makes it (and I hate to say that)

In the 3 dozen birds I've rescued, the majority of the situation is because the owner couldn't afford good care, proper food, proper cage, the many toys, the amount of time it needs, the screaming, the mess, the biting, .....it's always some Damn excuse, which in turn equals money.
I wish people were screened as to their education regarding owning and caring for a bird.
adoption process we screen very carefully. And if we're still not comfortable a visit to home is required. That's how it should always be.
A bird doesn't deserve ignorance from those that are just plain dumb a**es when it comes to any animal.
Those that go the extra mile to rescue a bird, or any animal, my hats off to you! You have the blessed heart!

Miss Gibbs

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Yvonne
Oh no, poor Terre. Hope he'll recover from that stroke and go back home soon. I've been reading about Terre and the others from the beginning (just registered the other day) and my daughter and I have been hoping for the best for all 3 birdies. Thank you for doing your best to make sure these little ones have a safe home

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
In the 3 dozen birds I've rescued, the majority of the situation is because the owner couldn't afford good care, proper food, proper cage, the many toys, the amount of time it needs, the screaming, the mess, the biting, .....it's always some Damn excuse, which in turn equals money.
Actually I was reflecting on the exact same thing yesterday. All those 3 birds are very young still, and they are already been put through so much because of owners who didn't give a damn. 2 lost their sight due to heavy smoking indoor, Ciel had lost a leg to a dog and the owner didn't want to take care of him (her)/ pay the vet. Soleil was given away as a bonus because the kids were getting fed up. I mean, the birds are still babies, and the kids are fed up already?!
And Terre was mauled by a cat who got two more later on...

But how do you check that people will be good owners? Like, those who are very willing and get fed up in the course of a few week because the bird doesn't want to perform all the cool tricks the kids have seen on youtube?!

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Actually I was reflecting on the exact same thing yesterday. All those 3 birds are very young still, and they are already been put through so much because of owners who didn't give a damn. 2 lost their sight due to heavy smoking indoor, Ciel had lost a leg to a dog and the owner didn't want to take care of him (her)/ pay the vet. Soleil was given away as a bonus because the kids were getting fed up. I mean, the birds are still babies, and the kids are fed up already?!
And Terre was mauled by a cat who got two more later on...

But how do you check that people will be good owners? Like, those who are very willing and get fed up in the course of a few week because the bird doesn't want to perform all the cool tricks the kids have seen on youtube?!
I don’t know, but it would probably be better if people weren’t able to walk in to a pet store and buy a living creature for $20. When I got Jo, I was shocked that he cost $21.99. Granted I had already purchased a flight cage, perches, toys etc online but the fact is you are able to buy a bird for $20 and a pet store cage for probably another $20-30 and a bag of cheap seed for a few bucks. Then, a week later when the kids “lose interest” people probably think “at least I didn’t waste too much $”... not even considering the little LIFE that is now stuck in that tiny cage, eating crap food and being ignored or worse :(

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I was shocked that he cost $21.99
Yea it´s tough to see that insanely low price tag put on them. Here Budgies cost 6 - 10 euros (6.88 to 11.50 US dollars)
I paid about 12 USD for my lovebird Sydney, and I wouldn´t sell him for 10 grand! He´s the best bird ever, so full of love!