• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Should I take in these two budgies?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Aren´t budgies just the cutest! I could watch your little ones all day!! I´m so happy they´re learning where things are and are getting about. Birds are so incredible... just when you think, ¨yea birds are smart...¨ they do something that blows your mind even more! :)

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
That video is the best!!! So happy they are getting on so well, in their new home and with each other. As others mentioned, they’ve been through so much it should only make their bond stronger.
Thank you so very much for sharing the pics and video, and yes PLEASE KEEP EM COMING!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:laughin:Omg I love watching them eat! Terre and Soleil seem to be having a contest. :cantwait:What a joy to see them all so happy! :pinklol3:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
:laughin:Omg I love watching them eat! Terre and Soleil seem to be having a contest.
If I remember well, Soleil and another one of them /but which..?) are blind. Whatching them I was thinking that Soleil was using Terre as a guide to feel her way and keep her balance :hug6:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Got some pictures of their nares to (hopefully) figure out sex! I think they're all babies so it might be harder to tell?

And some more cuteness!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
It makes my heart so happy how sweet they are together. :loveshower: And they are all so great at getting around! :yahoo:

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
omg, the butt full of pinfeathers is amazing!

They look like happy little birds. They've really settled into their new home so quickly.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
So thrilled for you and for these precious 3 littles! I'm in love with them from afar!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Hard to tell on gender but the two I saw clearly look female. Yellow/green one definitely female. White with a little yellow is female. Don't have a clear photo of the all white one to tell gender. You know budgies eat more in a group than
a single. Looks like they are making up for lost time for eating. What is in the food dish? How was your first night with them?
Big messes to clean up I bet. Can anyone fly? I keep forgetting which is which. Being blind I guess flight would be dangerous.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hard to tell on gender but the two I saw clearly look female. Yellow/green one definitely female. White with a little yellow is female. Don't have a clear photo of the all white one to tell gender. You know budgies eat more in a group than
a single. Looks like they are making up for lost time for eating. What is in the food dish? How was your first night with them?
Big messes to clean up I bet. Can anyone fly? I keep forgetting which is which. Being blind I guess flight would be dangerous.
Ciel is the one who looks all white. He's pale blue but it's hard to tell in the nare close-ups, lol. Ciel's nares look pretty much the same as Soleil's and Terre's, so I guess they're all girls!

They're eating crushed nutriberries (the blind two have a hard time eating them unbroken since they roll away) and Zupreem naturals. They definitely like it! They get chop for lunch since that's around the time they got it at the vet.

Soleil and Ciel should eventually be able to fly, but currently they're both clipped and Soleil has no tail feathers. They're also the blind two, so I don't know if they'll ever be confident enough to fly unsighted. Hopefully they can learn!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I could never figure out why Lafeber makes nutriberries for budgies. I seldom have them but they are better crushed for sure.
If Ciel is male that would be good. I think guys like the ration of 2 females and 1 male. Just as long as the females don't get possessive of his attention.