1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Should I get a new cage?

Discussion in 'Quaker Causeway' started by Birdlover42, 12/1/18.

1. Birdlover42

Birdlover42 Strolling the yard

Alicia
    I have a 4 month old quaker quaker who is rarely in her cage although she loves her cage and climbing around on and in it. I also feel like I need guidance on placement of her toys and perches. I thought about getting a new larger cage but thought I would ask for some advice first! IMG_20181201_130326.jpg

2. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award

Robin
    I would add a bunch more Natural perches and rope perches, on different heights. A platform too maybe? My birds all love those! Perhaps if she enjoys a swing, a swing too! And more toys too, I have at least one at every perch, if it is a long perch several. I wouldn’t know what kind of toys she enjoys, if you don’t already know try soft woods like balsa and maghony, pine, Cork, vine, cardboard, paper, sisal, Palm etc:) Also, try Some foraging toys for her! And something awesome that doubles as perch and toy are Cork perches.

Birdlover42 likes this.
  3. MauiWendy

MauiWendy Walking the driveway I Can't Stop Posting!

Wendy
    I have my 3 month old RB in a cage that size and have a larger/stronger cage on the way. The cage I have him in is actually my parakeets cage, that I am borrowing from Gary, until my new cage arrives. Gary will glad to get his cage back. Quakers are smart birds with strong beaks, so while this cage may work now, maybe consider a stronger cage in the near future. I will post a pic of the one I have on the way. We are limited here in Hawaii, so even this cage is smaller than I wanted for my RB but it will work.
    E13EA8F4-1A24-4844-949C-1D1365B609C5.png

Birdlover42 likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)