• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

should have never went to the bird store

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
no we didn't buy any birds lol but I did buy 2 of thoose little bird baths for Squiggy and Pepper since they also take a bath in their water bowls , actually Squiggy goes to Opeys water bowl because his is bigger then hers lol , but now hubby is talking about adopting a Goffins Cockatoo , before he went to the bird store like a few days ago he was thinking about another grey but of coarse they had a really nice Goffins at the store and he spent an hour playing with the bird , but I don't know about his idea that would make 5 birds :omg: I might try to talk him out of this idea unless he is going to help out a whole lot more then he does , so tell me all about Goffins besides the fact that they can get loud I already know that one

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
and they are incredibly needy too from what I hear....but sounds like you are already used to that..

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
:eek:
They require LOTS of work and interaction (not as though any bird doesn't). That would be quite an addition to your flock!

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
ok we have talked about it today and we are not going to adopt another bird at least for now we are not , my hands are full with the 4 I have and I seriously don't know if I could keep up with another bird and I'am sure not getting any younger lol so for now that great idea of hubbys is on a long time hold , besides I have a velcro bird already lol that would be Miss Squiggy she trys to follow me every where

avianantics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
I was going to tell you how needy Goffins can be, and how they can pluck, scream and cause all sorts of discord if their needs aren't met. Looks like, I am too late, however and you have already made the right decision.

It is very tempting, tho, they are so darned sweet! I stay away from pet stores, just because, I don't need more birds!

Cynth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cynthia
I battle getting a too. I feel there is soo much love in this house...he would love it here.
but you made the right decision. wait and think, think, think on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.