• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

She's TALKING!!!!!!

LindaD

Strolling the yard
Everett, Snohomish County, Washington, USA
Real Name
Linda Dockstader
:heart: My sweet Tirzah is very shy and doesn't like to be observed, especially early in the morning when she is eating her breakfast. I have pain and fatigue issues, and some days I wake up with a bad headache. (My bed and my birds cages are in the same room). So one morning last week I woke up with a headache. I got up to get the ice pack and and laid back down, covering my eyes with a dark face cloth. After a few minutes Tirzah went about her usual morning routine of playing in her cage and eating. But this morning she was particularly talkative with bird-talk. I was astonished to hear her say chirpchirpchirp 'Hello' chirp! She repeated it several times! I was just smiling away, but I wanted to see her and see what she was doing. So I slowly lifted the eye cover just a small bit. She kept on playing and eating, chirping away, with several 'hello' s thrown in. Then she melted my heart with 'I love you'. :heart: :heart: :heart: I was pleased that she speech and enunciation is SO clear. If she is talking like this at such a young age I hope she will be a good talker as she grows up. Then I did something that upset her. I just couldn't help it, I said Hello to her after she said hello. She jumped and looked shocked and scared. She hasn't spoken since, but it has only been a couple of days so I hope I haven't silenced her forever. :(

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
That's great isn't it! First time M-Star said hello, she spent a week not saying it afterwards then decided to start again. Soon, you won't be able to keep her from talking. :d

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
That's very cool. Don't worry she was just surprised to hear it back from you. Like JAM says, pretty soon you won't be able to stop her from it.

LindaD

Strolling the yard
Everett, Snohomish County, Washington, USA
Real Name
Linda Dockstader
Aw, thanks everybody. I have owned several birds, and I used to breed English parakeets as a teenager, so I'm not truly afraid she'll never talk again. :o: My hopes are that she will be a good talker. But I am SO completely in love with this bird, I don't care if she never says another word!! Her personality is so stately, regal, and sedate. She is quiet and almost thoughtful in nature. She really acts as if she doesn't want to be watched or "seen' by me, but she's only been here a few weeks and the first couple weeks I was in the grips of a bad Fibromyalgia flare and wasn't too active myself. That's over now, and I am having such fun with her and my year-old English Budgie. :dancing:

Buckbeak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Tirzah might be picking up on your low energy and just be keeping calm so she can fit in:D I'm sure she's talking behind your back, too. It's hard to keep a Ringneck quiet.

danadear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
Lucky! I've heard no talking yet from my IRNs and Henry is about 2 1/2 years old..he only squeaks.