• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

She's here!

Teri Ray

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Teri Whitaker
My baby CBC finally came home on the 4th of July. 8 week old little female I named Billy Jean, Billy for short. She's a very meek loving bird. She LOVES to cuddle and cries when we put her back in the cage (we have two dogs so they each have to take turns being out). Her favorite food is raspberries so far and she hasn't bitten once! I don't even know how to process this as I never once was able to handle my lovebird without being maimed. Today she crawled under my heating Shaw and fell asleep in my armpit. She nibbled so softly it tickled me to death! I have her on a natural raw whole foods avian diet (No pellets) fresh chop, sprouts, a good seed mix, flowers, herbs and spices. Working on my 1st batch of sprouts. Wish me luck! Advice is always appreciated.

Attachments

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats. Billy Jean is very cute.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
She’s adorable! Congratulations!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Congrats! What a little sweetie!

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Very cute!

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Congratulations!! Billy Jean is beautiful!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations!! She’s beautiful and I just love her name.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Aww cute bird! love the name, my too was named Billy Jean.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Congratulations Teri! The wait was definitely worth it. Enjoy your sweet baby. If she turns out anything like my Ruby she will stay sweet and very affectionate. You are both just as precious as can be!

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Congrats! So cute!
You've done your homework very well on how to feed your baby the very best! Kudos to you!

She's one lucky little baby bird. Enjoy!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Adorable!

Teri Ray

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Teri Whitaker
We're on day 5 since Billy came home. She's definitely getting bolder as she grows more comfortable in her new home. Wrestling with her jingle ball and turning summer sults in the corner of her cage. Her calls are expanding in volume and variety. She made what I assume is the conure "mumble" today for the 1st time cause sounded like she was talking to herself. She tells us off when we go outside without her. She sits near the window and seems to really wanna go outside. Is it too soon to introduce her to her flight suit? She's eating like a champ but her favorites are berries of any kind and cherries. She still hasn't bit but found interest in my trache yesterday for the 1st time. I calmly told her no removing her beak. We went through this about 5 times before she moved on. Did I handle that correctly? She's a very sweet bird but the bold conure is starting to come out in her. Hope I have what it takes to keep her sweet. OH and my husband that "hated" birds is smitten!

Last edited:

Teri Ray

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Teri Whitaker
Congrats! So cute!
You've done your homework very well on how to feed your baby the very best! Kudos to you!

She's one lucky little baby bird. Enjoy!
thanks! I have to give her breeder credit for that. I never knew about a RAW WHOLE FOODs diet until she started me researching it. It really did seem like the best for her and I'm home all day so have time for the little bit extra time it takes.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations on your little cutie.

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Oh, what a cutie you have there!
I would be very and I mean VERY careful about your trache. A conure will grab a pull and yank in a second. I would wear a thick scarf around my neck when she is out and about.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Congratulations:)

Teri Ray

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Teri Whitaker
Oh, what a cutie you have there!
I would be very and I mean VERY careful about your trache. A conure will grab a pull and yank in a second. I would wear a thick scarf around my neck when she is out and about.
it's tied on with a Velcro collar so she can't move it much but chewing is the worst she can do. And every time she messes with it I calmly tell her no and remove her beak. She has responded pretty well so far. Leaves it alone after a couple times she's still kinda afraid of anything I try to hand her to play with but I plan on using redirection when she gets more brave. She's a pretty timid little bird by nature I think. Just gentle and cautious. Could change as she continues to settle in here. Last night she kept rubbing her beak on my cheek then diving her head into my heating pad shawl. She loves cuddling when I'm wearing it.