• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sheba 1 week after her accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Sheba is a hoot, how wonderful that she's playing and jumping all over the bed :dance4::dance4::dance4:

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
ya she had me laughing so hard I fell off my bed a couple times - but in my own defense the bottom is broken again So it's easy to move the wrong way backwards and kirplunk on to the floor you go LOL

but she had me dying...... but I was glad to see her back to her normal self :D

~birdybea~

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
Do you know i bet there will be plenty of photos of her jumping on and off the bed in weeks to come! :D She's young and energetic, and she'll be able to do everything she used to even with a back leg missing. Just yesterday i saw a little pug who was refusing to bear weight on one hind leg standing up and jumping to get it's owners attention, who needs two hind legs anyway right?? :p

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Oh it's so good to hear her getting back to normal :hug8:

I agree, I think you'll find once she's completely healed she'll be her usual jumping jack self again

Hoosierparrotmom

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Katie
She looks great. What happened? Car accident? Glad to hear she is doing well!

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Do you know i bet there will be plenty of photos of her jumping on and off the bed in weeks to come! :D She's young and energetic, and she'll be able to do everything she used to even with a back leg missing. Just yesterday i saw a little pug who was refusing to bear weight on one hind leg standing up and jumping to get it's owners attention, who needs two hind legs anyway right?? :p
thats true but I don't want to risk her rehurting the Pelvic bones that were fractured... But i'm lowering my bed down any way was planing on doing it anyway because the boards that hold my mattress up keep falling down and i'm tired of dealing with it lol so it'll pretty much be on the floor - she won't be able to steal things and hide under it any more either :dance5:

Shes looking good!
thank you

Did you see the story of Roo?:)
Dog born with only two legs
no but I will go check that out.

Oh it's so good to hear her getting back to normal :hug8:

I agree, I think you'll find once she's completely healed she'll be her usual jumping jack self again
She's trying our love seat sits pretty low to the ground she tried to jump on it today but that darn cone gets in her way and it got caught on the cushion and she slid back down and she just looked up like UMMM a little help here? :rofl:

She looks great. What happened? Car accident? Glad to hear she is doing well!
Yes she was hit by a car last week when my 12 yr old daughter went to get her out of the pen, She didn't get her leash on her yet and Sheba bolted out and ran out in the road it was dark and had rained earlier, The guy couldn't get stopped in time

we took her outside earlier to go to the bathroom and decided to let her cone come off for a bit(the nurse said as long as we're with her we can take it off) She loved it! we talked to the neighbor guy for a little bit and he has HUGE dogs that were jumping on his fence barking up a storm (which they do any time they see people) and Sheba went from having her tail tucked between her legs Err Leg - to having it sticking straight up wagging a mile a minute tugging at me and jumping up wanting to go play with them -but I had to tell her they were way too big for her to go play with LOL

then the neighbor guy went back to what he was doing and my b/f got her a stick - her ALL time favorite thing since she was a pup She'd always find a stick outside and bring it in to chew on while in the house

and she just pranced around with her stick in her mouth - She tried picking a stick up last night with her cone on , didn't work out to well

So she took a good 3 mins stroll around the yard with her stick in her mouth then I noticed she was walking slower and when she stood still she was starting to lean. So I knew she'd been out enough and it was time to go in for while

but i'm sure letting her roam around the yard(leashed of course) for a few mins every now and then has to help her , i'm sure laying in her crate for long periods of time makes her a bit stiff

but shes getting along nicely.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
I was sure i had posted about fleas
yrs ago i had them and vet said to go to shell gas station get what they sold im thinking it was for flys i was to hang them in each room i put 3 in big room 2 in others 3 in hall i never saw a flea again
now i didnt have birds then and dont know if gasstations hae them things remember im going back a good 30 yrs so guess im out dated come to think of it time passes so fast i didnt think when i started this
but i do know shiba is doing great thanks to the good care shes getting

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
I was sure i had posted about fleas
yrs ago i had them and vet said to go to shell gas station get what they sold im thinking it was for flys i was to hang them in each room i put 3 in big room 2 in others 3 in hall i never saw a flea again
now i didnt have birds then and dont know if gasstations hae them things remember im going back a good 30 yrs so guess im out dated come to think of it time passes so fast i didnt think when i started this
but i do know shiba is doing great thanks to the good care shes getting
Thank you :)

you mean the sticky fly traps you hang from ceilings?

My birds are clipped so that shouldn't be a problem. and she's in the living room right now and that room just has Billy and Gumby and they're my lazy livers They only fly when you have food and you've told them "NO, Stay" more than once and they're going to show you they'll get your food any way:rofl: other than that they walk to where they want to go Even when they are flighted -

I'll see if i can find those - i'm having a fly problem again this fall any way had it last year when I moved in Was greeted on my first day here by being smacked in the head when i walked in the door by a couple flies LOL, they're only a problem in the fall/winter Never have them during the summer :confused:

so I can get rid of 2 problems at once :D

I was told you could cut a flea collar in half and put it in the vacuum and it'll kill them every time you sweep But then I read even that is toxic to the birds.

liltweets

Jogging around the block
I'm so glad she's doing so well! It's amazing how they can adapt.

:hug8::hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.