• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sheba 1 week after her accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I took Sheba out a little bit ago and tried to get some pics, but she wasn't wanting to hold still she was to busy sniffing the ground but I got one body shot and one of her road rash- can't tell in the pic because her harness covers part of it but it looks like a face 2 eyes and then a mouth.

She gets her Staples/Stitches out on Friday - No Charge (I think they charge a head of time)

but here she is - Her leash doesn't match her harness because Well after getting a harness today that fit right both o-rings are supposed to be clipped to the leash, but the leash made to go with the harness the clasp is too small to fit both O-Rings! so I had to go back to Old Faithful the purple leash

her Road Rash face

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Aww little sweetheart. What a trooper she is. :hug8: You're doing great taking care of her, it isnt easy seeing them in those cones.

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
Thanks so much for the pictures, it is really good to see Sheba out and getting around :) :) :)

igors mum

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
she is looking good. seems to have good balance with the three legs and the hip fracture. beagles i think are one of the breeds that does seem to do great with just three legs.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
oh wow she sure has spunk! :heart:
Good girl Sheba!

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Thank you :)

She doesn't seem to mind the cone much of course it does get in her way when she tries to scratch her head from the fleas (she's patiently waiting for the flea medicine i put on her last night to start working)

But I did notice earlier while we were outside she stopped to scratch her right here - and realized she couldn't because she had no back leg to do it with.

but she wants to play so bad She isn't getting it when we tell her no your not allowed to right now. I can't wait til her pelvis is healed so she can play and move faster I keep making her slow down and she isn't happy about that.

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
She looks good!! I'm so glad she's doing well :hug8:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Awe poor baby, but boy does she look good! I am soooo happy she is doing well and still able to enjoy life! :hug8:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
She is looking great! You have done such a wonderful job with her.

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Great Job and she looks FANTASTIC!....
Thank you so much for the pictures and updates!:hug8::dance5:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Sheba looks so good and so pleased she is doing so well. Good luck.
Have you noticed that animals never feel sorry for themselves, but pick themselves up and just get on with life as they are with no complaints?:hug8:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Thanks for the update. :hug8:

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Fleas are bad right now. :( The only way to really take care of the problem is to treat Sheba, the house and the yard. Don't go to somewhere like Wal-Mart and buy something that says it kills fleas. Find out if there is a Do-It-Yourself Pest Control and get something from them. The products that they sell are better and they can definitely counsel you on what you can use around the birds. No one product whether it be: Frontline, Advantage, Advantix, Comfortis or something like it ~ is going to totally take care of the problem.

I'm glad that she is doing so well :)

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Thanks guys

Luvmybirds - the vet said for now all I can use is the flea meds that go between the shoulder blades because of her stitches/staples

but they come out Friday and then I have to remember to ask how long after that can she be given a real bath

I did find out the great smelling stuff that was on her that I couldn't smell til i got right beside her(so it wasn't strong) was Waterless Shampoo, but I know those don't help with fleas

I was looking for the wipes I seen online that were for fleas I wanted both Just the normal wipes to wash them with (for if your not around water/soap) and then i seen one made for fleas

and I figured I could use those because I would stay away from her stitches/staples but All i was finding were wipes to clean up doggy/cat messes off the floor :(

and she's not very clean even though they used the waterless soap - when i pet her my hands get all greasy if i give her scratches i get dirt and grim under my nails - So i know that isnt helping her itching problem any at all

but we'll see how it goes after the vet removes the stitches/staples Maybe then I can use some decent flea stuff

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
She definitely looks like she is doing better.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
She looks great! I am so happy to see her up and out already.Great job on caring for and loving her.:)

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Thanks guys, She got her Staples removed today, they want her to wear the cone for another week because she has a couple tender spots and one small section at the very top of where they amputated her leg, didn't close shut - but will in a few days on its own , they don't want her licking at it to make it reopen back up

but said if we were home she didn't have to wear it, but even if we're home we're always doing something so can't keep a constant eye on her so unless we have her sitting with us It'll stay on

She did get it removed for a little bit tonight while her and my b/f laid in my bed watching t.v and the look on her face was priceless - if she could talk i know she'd say " OMG finally relieve" she was turning her head all around and Biting her tail and just all hyper

then she got a sponge bath(the nurse said she could have a bath but I still didn't feel comfortable getting the area wet so I used a rag and skipped the area that was stapled up) used the flea shampoo i've been using on her since she was 2 months old (never had fleas til I switched brands a couple months ago ) dried her off put her on my bed to brush her and it was like ole times, refused to sit still to get brush, jumping and playing and rolling around in my blankets - honestly for a min. i forgot she only has 3 legs she was doing all her normal stuff she does after a bath, Except for the jumping off the bed running to the door turning around and running and jumping back on to the bed. The pic i got of that a couple weeks ago will be the last of those types of pictures I get

but all in all she's back to her normal self 1st thing she did this morning was try to steal my b/f's socks off his feet :D - she has a sock fetish lol

and I noticed now when she moves or I pick her up I don't hear/feel that bone in her hip popping

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.