• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video She keeps making this weird noise, what does it mean? Started yesterday

erraticgh0st

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Eli
it's a weird squeaking noise and sounds kind of like baby begging but I dont know and I'm really worried

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Maybe they want to come out with you? When Yoshi (conure) does that with similar body language it means he wants me to pick him up but the sound is a bit different.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
More info please. Gender and age plus any other birds near? How much out of cage time youvgive her.

erraticgh0st

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Eli
More info please. Gender and age plus any other birds near? How much out of cage time youvgive her.
Apollo is a girl, a year and a half old, there's a conure in the cage next to her but has never made this noise before. She gets a few hours out of the cage each day. Also her favorite person recently left for a work trip and has been a bit needy if that's necessary info

perkyparakeets

Checking out the neighborhood
that sounds like throught mites to me my english budgie had them a couple weeks ago and he got better after a few rounds of antibiotics. the best this is to go to the vet but at the least buy antibiotic online if you think thats what it is. you can buy the meds online from abba seed and probly amozon. some other symptoms my bird had was sitting towards the botom of the cage and spinning in circles.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
that sounds like throught mites to me my english budgie had them a couple weeks ago and he got better after a few rounds of antibiotics. the best this is to go to the vet but at the least buy antibiotic online if you think thats what it is. you can buy the meds online from abba seed and probly amozon. some other symptoms my bird had was sitting towards the botom of the cage and spinning in circles.
What?
No you should never get or buy medicine without a avian vet exam your bird first.
And antibiotic doesn't have any effects at all on h*rny parrots. (for what I know? :p )

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
This bird is hormonal and her sounds and body language are telling us this. She does not need and medication at all. Every bird goes through this and she is the right age. Let her out to exercise and move her cage away from the other bird.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
My budgie does noises similar to this while chattering to his toys. It's a hormone thing, nothing to worry about.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Hormones big time

erraticgh0st

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Eli
This bird is hormonal and her sounds and body language are telling us this. She does not need and medication at all. Every bird goes through this and she is the right age. Let her out to exercise and move her cage away from the other bird.
why should I move her cage away from Avery's?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I think you should change the location of the cage because when she is looking at another bird it could stimulate more hormones. Just as if you were petting her. Make sense?