• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Shared Moments

Smbrds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Shawn
Earlier tonight was hanging out with Baby on the bed listening to Soundscapes nature/musical sounds and him contently sitting making little chirps and us making sounds together back and forth. It was a low key day and evening as some days he's perched on my fingers shredding up old Bird Talk magazines on my shelf, or on my dresser. He had his 15th birthday back in October. Our bond is strong these days and he takes it easy for the most part. He has communicated that what he wants, he'll do the "baby bird sign language." Sometimes he needs guiding from place to place. Always gives and gets extra love. He's my little boy. I have appreciated and loved other stories here on older tiels. They are special little birds. As he gets older and he's as still as spunky and feisty as ever, there are some thoughts about milk thistle/Senior Nutriberries and making life easier in the aging process.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, what a wonderful relationship!:heart: You and Baby are lucky to have each other. It’s hard for me to image what it will be like when my tiels get older. I’m sure it’s hard to see them age, but what a wonderful bond!:xflove:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That is such a wonderful story:heart::heart:

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Beautiful story , thank you for sharing the special bond you and baby have. I hope you have many many more years together. :hug8:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Such a wonderful story!

Tiels age so gracefully, and Baby is no exception. Our Igor Tiel is 16 years young, and still is a vibrant, happy bird...:)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Senior tiels melt my heart. It was recommended to me to start giving Sunny senior nutriberries. I had to crumble them up for them but he seemed to like them.