• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Shaking head meaning

Cosmobird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Alexandra
Quaker shaking his head <- hi it’s been awhile since I’ve been on here. Cosmo has been doing better, except for his weird behavior of head shaking, I don’t know if it means he is over excited, a twitch he is having neurological problems, or something else. Anybody has a parrot that does this or know what this means?

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I see an excited bird that wants to interact and get that necklace, but not be touched on the head .

Such a cutie!

I don't think there is anything issue .
Share some other examples if you have them.

Seems pent up energy, over excited. Might need more time out of cage , more interaction, more mental stimulation and challenges
At a guess from the high octane going on there ;) quakers seem to be exceptionally active compared to most

Cosmobird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Alexandra
I see an excited bird that wants to interact and get that necklace, but not be touched on the head .

Such a cutie!

I don't think there is anything issue .
Share some other examples if you have them.

Seems pent up energy, over excited. Might need more time out of cage , more interaction, more mental stimulation and challenges
At a guess from the high octane going on there ;) quakers seem to be exceptionally active compared to most
thank you yeah I think he is over excited, because he is on his favorite person there. So it’s probably that.

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
It looks like Cosmo is happy and excited to be with his favorite person. No doubt he would appreciate more one-on-one time, even if it's only with Cosmo in his cage and his human friend sitting with him talking or playing with him. Nothing he's doing in the video clip seems to indicate a medical problem.