• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sexy Bird...

Goffinsmamma

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Madison
Must be that time of the year. Kiwi is a sex crazed maniac and I must look like the perfect tall, wingless, weirdly colored, male goffins. I thought we had a ladylike bond but my short hair must be decieving :laughing6:. When she doesnt have my hand to violate she looks no further than her favorite toys :cautious:. Now I know what it's like for all the parents raising crazy teenagers. Kudos to you :lol:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...we all can understand where you're coming from...."silly season" is a time for all of us bird-owned people to duck and cover.

In a multi-bird household, it seems like we're ALWAYS coming into...or out of, "birdie love season"...:rolleyes:

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I sympathize with you. Java just lets his 'business' hang out. I can't even pick him up or hold him without it touching me. And it pulsates at random. Now I see why Vasas aren't that popular. Trying explaining that to a child or anyone who happens to take interest in the crow-looking-pigeon-parrot. :sour:
My household frequently tells me: "it's hanging out again", "Oh! It's . . . can he retract that?", "Why does it look like that?", "Is he okay?", "It's undulating," "It's so vein-y."
Explaining it is NOT fun! :hungover:

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
This is the big hormonal season for some birds! Java's a perfect example.:eeeek:
Sir Lancelot is even trying to pick fights with my budgies! :peek1:

Goffinsmamma

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Madison
I sympathize with you. Java just lets his 'business' hang out. I can't even pick him up or hold him without it touching me. And it pulsates at random. Now I see why Vasas aren't that popular. Trying explaining that to a child or anyone who happens to take interest in the crow-looking-pigeon-parrot. :sour:
My household frequently tells me: "it's hanging out again", "Oh! It's . . . can he retract that?", "Why does it look like that?", "Is he okay?", "It's undulating," "It's so vein-y."
Yikes! Suddenly I'm much more grateful to have this problem with a lady bird instead :blink:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Omg! My friend called in a panicked coz her Male tortoise had his " junk" hanging out, she thought he was sick..I assured her it's normal and she told me, she touched it and it popped back in..I laughing, said you just touched his Male parts..she was like..ewwww, gross...oh, life with animals.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Omg! My friend called in a panicked coz her Male tortoise had his " junk" hanging out, she thought he was sick..I assured her it's normal and she told me, she touched it and it popped back in..I laughing, said you just touched his Male parts..she was like..ewwww, gross...oh, life with animals.
I wish I could just poke his back in. I'd have to stuff a good 2-inches of flesh inside him, and I don't think he'd appreciate that

Goffinsmamma

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Madison
That's so funny!! I told one of my friends that my bird was trying to get frisky with me and she asked how I knew. When I explained she said "eww I didnt need to know that!":laughin:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wonder why Vasas are so different from other parrots in that way? :chin:
I have NO idea! They also bury their eggs much like a reptile, and their eggs incubate within 14-20 days. They also become knotted when they mate, like dogs, for up to 30 minutes. Very weird creatures, they are.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I have NO idea! They also bury their eggs much like a reptile, and their eggs incubate within 14-20 days. They also become knotted when they mate, like dogs, for up to 30 minutes. Very weird creatures, they are.
Wow! Fascinating!!

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow! Fascinating!!
Yeah, they are VERY different from other parrots, which makes learning about them tricky, because I can't compare them to a macaw or a 'too or a caique. The only species that I could MAYBE compare them to would be an eclectus as far as diet, but behavior-wise, they've been likened to having the energy of a caique, the feathers of a 'too, the friendliest of a 'too, but they're also sensitive like a grey. They also don't form flocks in the wild. The female will have as many as 5 individual males caring for her chicks and mating with her. They're an oddball.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Omg!! @Brittany0208 :faint: that info is gross but fascinating!! I'm weirdly glad you shared that with us. I honestly had no idea!!

This year I've been lucky, no trying to mate with me and no bites. A few wary situations were I could have been bitten but so far so good. Thou the season isn't quite over yet... but here's hoping there won't be any bites:fingerscrossed:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Omg!! @Brittany0208 :faint: that info is gross but fascinating!! I'm weirdly glad you shared that with us. I honestly had no idea!!

This year I've been lucky, no trying to mate with me and no bites. A few wary situations were I could have been bitten but so far so good. Thou the season isn't quite over yet... but here's hoping there won't be any bites:fingerscrossed:
Maybe one of these days I'll do a Good, Bad, and Ugly about Vasas since I haven't seen any on the Internet