• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Seven Years Ago

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Seven years ago I brought home my darling Weasley, and became a bird mom. When I picked her out and brought her home that night, I truly had no idea how much she would change my life. :heart:

That night feels like forever ago, I can't really remember what it was like not having birds in my life. But even though it feels as though it has been forever, I remember that night so well. I remember waiting to go to the store for her, picking her out, the car ride home. I remember getting home, and petting her little head for the first time. I sat and talked and sang to her for quite some time before putting her to bed for the night.

And that was only the beginning of my memories with her. We shared so much time together during the following weeks, months, years. I have oh so many happy and silly memories that involve her. Unfortunately, our time was cut short, and she passed away in April of 2013. That is a memory I don't like. My heart shattered that day. Thinking about it still breaks me.

But in those wonderful few years I got to spend with Weasley, she did her job. And she did it well. She helped me blossom into a good bird momma. She taught me a lot of great things about parrots and how to care for them. My other babies helped, and continue to help from where Weasley left off.

I know that children are often encouraged to wait till they are older and done with college to bring a bird into their life. I often agree. But in my case, Weasley (and my other birds) helped teach me so much more than bird care. They have taught me a great deal of responsibility, patience, and love. Along with other things. I've done quite a bit of growing up with them. As I get older, they do complicate my future plans. But, I will make sure that they are all included. The little sacrifices I have to make for them are so, so worth it.

Weasley, I miss you. More than words can describe. I am forever grateful for the time that we got to spend together. Thank you for everything sweet girl. I love you, always.

Weasley.png

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Weasley was beautiful! I'm sorry she was taken from you too soon, she sounds like she was a very special birdie!
:hug8:

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
What a lovely tribute to Weasley. It sounds like you enriched each other's lives.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Happy Birdmom-versary, Maddy! :hug8:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Weasley was a beautiful bird and you're a great bird mom. They never really leave us but are always in our hearts.

:hug8:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry. They never really leave us since they are always in our hearts & minds.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'm using tissues ....

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Once in our hearts... it is so very hard to let them go! I feel your pain and know how sometimes it hurts so much to think of them not being with us anymore! :cry3: God Bless!

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Thanks everybody. She was a special bird, and such a blessing to me.

Like I've said before, until we meet again she is perched safely inside my heart. :heart: