• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Setup for my new Half Moon Betta

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Where are you getting the fish from ? I really do not want a fish from a pet store. The fish are in a small plastic container for months until they are purchased.

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Where are you getting the fish from ? I really do not want a fish from a pet store. The fish are in a small plastic container for months until they are purchased.
The aquatics store my housemate works in keeps them in proper tanks thankfully. Just waiting for them to get in their next shipment. Half moons and crown tails only come in very rarely and they only ever order a small number of Bettas at one time. Luckily I get to put a hold on any fish that come in that I'd like and I work really near by the store. Also, my housemate manages the fish house, so he can tell me if the fish arrived from a reputable breeder and in good healthy condition.

I know that Carole @waterfaller1 has ordered/won them straight from the source. If you have no reputable stores or breeders near you, that might be a good option.

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
:fish2: So I was going to get a half moon but then I saw this guy and fell in love. Nobody wanted him because he isn't a fancy colour.

I'll get some better pictures at some point, but he's really ghostly and pale. Just beautiful.
IMG_20140516_180304.jpg IMG_20140516_180232.jpg

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
He is so pretty to look at. Love the fins. What did you name him?

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
He's called Finnbar, Finn for short :)