• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Setting up Lovebird Cage

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie

Elliriyanna

Strolling the yard
Ok ... I will pick up a bell ... I do have a foot toy with a bell, Is that close enough?

Yes I have a cage, I am setting it up Monday :) I will post pictures of the cage as well as the toys. I am buying it used but from a friend, it was never used for birds but the bar spacing is ideal and its a cage I have seen used for birds before.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ok ... I will pick up a bell ... I do have a foot toy with a bell, Is that close enough?

Yes I have a cage, I am setting it up Monday :) I will post pictures of the cage as well as the toys. I am buying it used but from a friend, it was never used for birds but the bar spacing is ideal and its a cage I have seen used for birds before.
Yes, I think the foot toy with the bell will work, but more bells are always good! So next time you shop, just keep it in mind. ;) They just seem to love things that they can jingle or rattle.

Just make sure the bar spacing isnt too wide (no more than 1/2"). :) I'm excited to see more pictures!

Elliriyanna

Strolling the yard
The bar spacing is 1/2 " I have seen this cage successfully used for parakeets :) and its powder coated so that's safe as well. It's a great cage its just not one designed specifically for birds.

I was kind of hoping to avoid noisy you'd in the cage lol.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww don't deprive the sweet birdy of noise-makers! :loltears:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I was kind of hoping to avoid noisy you'd in the cage lol.
You won't have to worry about being able to hear if you get one too many shrill "byooo" noises right in the ear.

In all seriousness though, Sherbs mostly throws toys and watches them fall. Unless he's throwing a tantrum, that's all he'll do.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Peachfaced has a point! ;)

Snerky loves to bash her bells repeatedly! All of them! :D For a while, she thought bedtime was the best time to chase her jingly ball all over the bottom of her cage. :p

Elliriyanna

Strolling the yard
Noisy you'd? My silly phone ...

I am sure I can get a bell lol. And I do have foot toys for the little one to throw